SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doubt about 'Fund' account assignment

waldo
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello friends... how are u?

All right, I've been reading about 'Fund' account assignments, and "funds".

I need to use "funds" in BCS for period -budget- control.

I read this:

Where Vanessa said:

If you want to use FUND Accounting, I suggest you to read note 518610 for your reference. This note contains information about FUND Accounting and its effect.

If you only want to use 'Fund' in Funds Management, you do not have to activate the 'Fund' account assignment element.

If you activated the FUND account assignment element, which is at CLIENT level activation, the fund would always have to be filled as a required entry field in CO, FI-AA and HR for all company codes in the client concern.

I bold my doubt.

So, if I want to use just fund in FM/BCS, I dont have to activate:

Public Sector Management -- General Settings for Public Sector Management -- Basic Settings: Account Assignment Elements -- Activate Account Assignment Elements -- (uncheck) Fund ?

Do I understand this?

If I activated (in a test system), could I deactivate now?

I've already activated fund and functional area at my client.

Thanks for ur time.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Osvaldo,

If you want to use 'fund' you have to activate it as account assignment element. Also, for BCS, you have to activate it additionally in 'Activate Account Assignment Elements in Budget Control System'.

I don't completely understand what your doubt is...

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli, nice to read u...

My doubt its about what Vanessa said: "If you only want to use 'Fund' in Funds Management, you do not have to activate the 'Fund' account assignment element."

My problem ocurrs when we tried to execute trx. CJR2; I've got an error KAFF002 and I read some topics about this error.

For example, /thread/1911129 [original link is broken]

And finally found the Vanessa answer:

I hope u could light me

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The statement should be "if you only want to use fund in FM WITHOUT BCS, CO integration, asset integration, HR integration, you do NOT have to activate account assignment fund".

Regards,

Ming

0 Kudos

All right Ming, thanks for replaying.

I've desactivate the fund element and functional area in BCS - CO integration, and my Planning Problem dissapeard.

I will tell you if it brings any problems in the future.

Thanks!