Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the password of SYSTEM User in the Standby Server

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. How to check user status , when database is in MOUNT stage. ? (Locked/Expired)

2. Im having SYS authority. I want to change the password of SYSTEM user, and make SYSTEM unlock in the Standby Database. (Which is in mount state).

How can i do this?

If DB is open , we can query DBA_USERS table and can get the details of users (username, account_status ,lock_date, expiry_date, etc...)

But , is it possible to query these data, when the DB is in MOUNT state.

regards,

Zerandib

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Its not possible to reset the password of user system in a standby database as the database is not open to update the database dictionary.

The SYS authority comes from the fact that your OS user is assigned to group DBA.

Edited by: Ratnajit Dey on Jan 17, 2012 7:16 PM

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

Its not possible to reset the password of user system in a standby database as the database is not open to update the database dictionary.

Hello Ratnajit ,

Is it possible to maintain different passwords for Primary and Standby Server?

or

Primary and Standby users/passwords are same?

Since log shipping is happening from Primary to Standby , and applying in SB server, If we change the password of Primary SYSTEM user, Will that effect to SYSTEM User in Standby Server?

regards

Zerandib

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zerandib,

How can i do this?

Change the password and unlock the SYSTEM user on primary side and apply the redo stream on standby.

You can not change the SYSTEM user on standby site without opening the database.

Regards

Stefan

former_member199632
Participant
0 Kudos

hello Stefan,

Is it possible to maintain different passwords for users in Standby and Primary

Primary SYSTEM password1

Standby SYSTEM password2

Is this possible ?

Even now , i change the SYSTEM user password in Primary, It will not affect to SB, since applying is not possible.

Will it be...

regards,

Zerandib

stefan_koehler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Zerandib,

no it is not possible with a physical standby database - this would be contrary to the core concept of a physical standby database (having a physical identical copy).

This would possible with a logical standby database, but this kind of standby database is not supported in a SAP environment.

Regards

Stefan