cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP MaxDB Database Studio 7.8.02.21 - Installtion Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am installing MaxDB database Studio 7.8.02.21 , I am getting Installation failed message and it stops , no other details error msg on the screen.

But in log it is like

ERR: Invalid value for type "path"

INFO: Parameter "PrivateData" is not set

ERR: No global installation found

ERR: Cannot open install registry:

ERR: install registry not found

ERR: Service check failed

ERR: cannot find systemdirectory in windows registry

Any solution?

SAP / DB is not installed in this pc , installing MaxDB Database Studio in this PC to maintain DB on the server located at DC.

Regards,

Vignesh P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Registry Entry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SAP\SAP DBTech\Installations\C:/Program Files/sdb/DatabaseStudio"

deleted works for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem when installing SAP MaxDB Database Studio 7.8.02.21 and solved it by adding SystemDirectory Expanded String Value to Windows Registry. More info you can find at .

Because of the following error message when starting SAP MaxDB Database Studio, it was also needed to run SAP MaxDB Database Studio for the first time in Run as Administrator Mode. More info you can find at .

Read preferences for user management failed
Goto Window->Preferences->Database Studio->User Management to check your settings
or check the file <indep data directory>/app/dbstd/um.properties

See Window->Show View->Event Log Viewer for more details

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Are you SAP customer?

Please post output "java -version".

Is your user in Administrators group for this PC?

2. Please check if you have directory "<user_home>\sdb\Database Studio" < or "C:\Documents and Settings\<yourloginUser>\sdb\DatabaseStudio" > with the subdirectories .configuration, .metadata und p2. If you have, then rename to "<user_home>\sdb\Database Studio".old & restart instalation.

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

Could you check for old MaxDB Database Studio installation entries in the Windows registry.

Delete all previous installation entries. Take a restart of the system.

Try installation again.

Regards,

Deepak Kori