cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe Connection not stable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been using Universe Designer(BOXI 3.1) and connect to an Oracle 11g DB. The issue is that the connection I have created is not stable. When I test the connection, it would show me "Server is responding!" and suddenly within a matter of few minutes it would again lose connection.

I have never seen any particular pattern in which is happens, but have done the following checks when the connection goes down:

- Connect and run a query from SQL developer - Runs fine and its quick as well!

- Monitor connection between the 2 servers - No packet drops!

- Monitor TNSPING to the DB server directly - that works fine too!

I have around 7-8 active universe's and they all contain the same Connection String as parameter. I have also tried creating different connection for different universe's but I think it hardly made a difference.

Any help would be really great.....thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do you know it is losing its connection ? from which UI are you making this assesment ?

Do you have any logs from the processing servers / connections servers to help you analyze the root cause ?

Regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting this error from the Connection Wizard in the Designer. It throws me this error that too from the same

DBD: ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist

Could you please guide me which logs I can view in this case? I am trying to see if any errors are thrown on CmcApp....but none. O rmaybe I am not looking at the right stuff?

BRs

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Keep it simple if you can reproduce from Universe layer : You want to trace the Universe Designer Client Tool

See Note 1200800 - How to enable tracing for Universe Designer and Desktop Intelligence

also, are you dealing with Webi or DeskI reports downstream?

Consider things like the user used in the universe connection

Check the windows domain account

Check that the Windows environment is seeing the DNS first in the network connections.

Make sure the Windwos environment is part of the same domain.

Regards,

H