Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read webdynpro screen value before Search Help call

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

For a webdynpro screen I have added a custom field to the layout and mapped to a custom attribute which has a a standard search help determined from the dictionary attribute.

There are multiple input field in the layout and there is this custom input field with search help in the layout. During runtime is it possible to read the other inputfield in the layout before F4 is clicked? I want to read one of the inputfield whenever the f4 search help is called. None of the methods WDDOAFTERACTION, WDDOBEFOREACTION, WDDOMODIFYVIEW are triggered before the F4 search help call.

Please let me know if anyone has any idea.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As suggested you have to use OVS or freely programmed value help. OVS is easy to use , check the below article for OVS Reference : [OVS in WDA|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/606288d6-04c6-2c10-b5ae-a240304c88ea?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true] Also [Dynamic F4 in WDA|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70cee684-ccbb-2c10-3c94-91e806e5f7ac?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

In the event handler method of OVS read the first input value using get attribute method and select the corresponding value.

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & regards,

Kiran.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting question.

Wouldn't it be better to use OVS in this case then? I'm not sure whether it will be possible to dynamically alter a DDIC-search help like this.. I would have the same problem as you, not knowing where to catch up in some kind of event before DDIC is called... in OVS you'd have the OVS-ActionHanlder and could do explicit coding or alternatively even use a freely coded search help.

Cheers, Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jan 17, 2012 2:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I think u can use the ONENTER event of the input field to read the values of input fields.

former_member305388
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harshith,

The event OnEnter is not triggered when F4 is triggered for any input field.