cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference Between Current version & All Version in DMS in Material Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

Could any one tell me the Difference between Current Version & All version of DMS in Material Master (in /MM02 transaction)Additional Data tab where Documents are attached in Document Data Tab.

I am unable to see all Documents in "current Version" which are attached in "All Version" option in /MM02 transaction Additional Data Tab in Document Data.

How to display all DMS in current version which I can see in all version? Is there any configuration available in DMS?

Thanks in Advance.

Waiting for your valuable reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In current Version section: you can view only the latest version of the document attached to material master.

In all versions section: you can view all the versions of a particular document which has been attached to that material master.

Hence in current version you cannot view all the versions for an attached document.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PFulwade,

Deepak is right. In addition, some more details I would like to inform you.

If the document say at version 3 is linked in to the Material Master and over the period of time, if the document is incremented by 4,5 & 6 versions, You should be seeing Version 3, 4,5 and 6 if you select all versions. Remember you cannot see Version 1 and 2 anyhow as during that period, it was not linked to the material master. When you select Current Version it wil display latest version i.e Version 6.

In other case, If you create a document with 00 version and immediatly attach to material master and then starts incrementing the version say 1,2 & 3, you should be getting 00, 1,2 & 3 in all versions and version in current versions.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

Sudharshan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Deepak

Many thanks for your valuable reply. But I have one doubt as per following.

01) I have attached the 02 DOCs at atime in material Master additional Data tab in all version option. First Doc type is ZDR & 02nd is ZTS and save my entries.

02) Then I go to /MM02 Transaction ..So which Doc type will appeared in current version.

03) 03rd step When I go to /MM02 transaction & attached 03rd same ZTS doc type doc whether this doc can be dipsly in current version or not after saving my entry.

04) If I go to /MM02 transaction & attached 04th Doc (Doc type is ZAC) & save my entry. Can I see this Doc in current version when I once again go to /MM transaction.

Waiting for your valuable reply.

Thanks in Advance.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

01) I have attached the 02 DOCs at atime in material Master additional Data tab in all version option. First Doc type is ZDR & 02nd is ZTS and save my entries.

02) Then I go to /MM02 Transaction ..So which Doc type will appeared in current version.

In current version you will see 2 entries as below

Doc type Version

ZDR <Mat number> 000 00

ZTS <MAt number> 000 00

03) 03rd step When I go to /MM02 transaction & attached 03rd same ZTS doc type doc whether this doc can be dipsly in current version or not after saving my entry.

In current version you will see following entries

Doc type Version

ZDR <Mat number> 000 00

ZTS <MAt number> 000 01

04) If I go to /MM02 transaction & attached 04th Doc (Doc type is ZAC) & save my entry. Can I see this Doc in current version when I once again go to /MM transaction.

In current version you will see the following entries.

Doc type Version

ZDR <Mat number> 000 00

ZTS <MAt number> 000 01

ZAC <Mat Number> 000 00

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Deepak

Issue is resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudarshan

Many thanks for you reply. Issue is resolved.

Answers (0)