cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan 7.1 - post-installation -error during Byte Code Adapter Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

I fase an error when I execute step Byte Code Adapter Installation during the managed system configuration phase.

Failed to update VM parameters: - com.sap.smdagent.vmmanager.VMManagerException: A test vm could not be started, the vm parameters seems to be incorrect:-Djava.security.policy=./java.policy -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBProxy -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBSingletonClass=com.sap.engine.system.ORBSingletonProxy -Djavax.rmi.CORBA.PortableRemoteObjectClass=com.sap.engine.system.PortableRemoteObjectProxy -XX:NewRatio=3 -Djco.jarm=1 -Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false -XX:NewSize=160M -XX:MaxNewSize=160M -XX:MaxPermSize=192M -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:PermSize=192M -XX:SurvivorRatio=2 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:SoftRefLRUPolicyMSPerMB=1 -verbose:gc -XX:DisableExplicitGC -XX:UseParNewGC -XX:PrintGCDetails -XX:PrintGCTimeStamps -Xbootclasspath/p:C:/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily/BytecodeAgent/ISAGENT.8.2.2.0-2010-04-22/wily/connectors/AutoProbeConnector.jar;C:/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily/BytecodeAgent/ISAGENT.8.2.2.0-2010-04-22/wily/Agent.jar -Dcom.wily.introscope.agent.agentName=BOP_DVEBMGS00_server0 -Dcom.wily.introscope.agentProfile=C:/usr/sap/DAA/SMDA97/SMDAgent/applications.config/com.sap.smd.agent.application.wily/BytecodeAgent/ISAGENT.8.2.2.0-2010-04-22/wily/IntroscopeAgent.profile
Output:Error occurred during initialization of VM
Incompatible initial and maximum heap sizes specified

I checked several OSS Notes and my VM parameters should be correct.

When I open the URL mentioned in the SOLMAN_SETUP, I see in column IS Agent state that Set up is not done.

What setup should be done here?

Thanks.

Dimitri

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this two notes it seems parameters has changed since 7.02

Note 1660105 - Introscope Bytecode Agent setup / ERROR_CHANGE_PARAMETERS

Note 1654426 - How to instrument SAP NetWeaver J2EE stack for Remote Support Component

Rgds,

Jaume.

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

What's your maxHeapSize set in config tool?

You need to ensure all the heap size are smaller than maxHeapSize, eg: newSize, initialheapsize and etc.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

These parameters are set on server level:

-XX:NewSize=160M

-XX:MaxNewSize=160M

-XX:MaxPermSize=192M

-XX:PermSize=192M

-XX:SurvivorRatio=2

-XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90

-Xms1024M

-Xmx1024M

-verbose:gc

These parameters are set on dispatcher level:

-Xmn70M

-Xss2M

-verbose:gc

-Xms100M

-Xmx100M

Also, other parameters were set, but these are irrelevant for this issue.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

In ConfigTool, there's parameter "Max heap Size", above the section you where you can set JVM parameter. What's the value?

Ensure that's set >= 1024MB and remove -Xmx1024M.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicolas,

In the meantime, I performed these steps:

a. Open Agent administration UI on Solution manager

b. Navigate to The "Applications Configuration" tab

c. Choose on the left the application "com.sap.smd.agent.application.connectors"

d. Edit the property "vmmanager.test.vm.before.update" and set the value to false. (DO NOT USE SCOPE GLOBAL)

e. Save the properties and restart the agent

f. Perform the setup again

That does the trick.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Nice to hear that. Perhaps you can launch configtool to just ensure value of maxheap size.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

The max heap size on server level is set on 2048. The one on dispatcher level is 256.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Perhaps this is the problem.

By default, MaxHeapSize for server is 2048M and 256M for dispatcher, however, you set -Xmx1024M and -Xmx100M respectively.

Therefore, remove -Xmx1024M & -Xmx100M from the setting, and adjust MaxHeapSize accordingly, 1024M and 100M.

Restart java engine and it should solves your problem. Let me know how it goes.

Hope it helps,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicholas,

The initial error returns.

I disabled the test again to pass this configuration step.

Thanks you for help!

Dimitri