cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 - The action cannot be performed WIS 30650 when try open some WEBI docs

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Get message BO4 - The action cannot be performed WIS 30650 when try open some WEBI docs.

Documents created brand new in BI 4.0 .

Some docs open fine.

Get message even when log in as Administrator.

Windows 2008 Server Oracle 11.2.0.1

Any idea what causes this.

Many Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is almost certainly Note 1604932 - please check it for relevance. << BI 4.0 - Error "Load Driver Call : InitCube" when trying to open WebI documents in Patch2.7. Reports are corrupt after minor modifications. >>

fix will be in Patch2.11 coming at end of this month.

the key workflow is this:

- Edit the Query

- "Enable Query Stripping" in the Panel

- Click "Apply Changes and Close" (Not "Run Query")

- Go to Document properties, enable "Query Stripping"

- Save the document to Repository resources

- Open the file again from the Public folders

-> corrupt

to avoid this problem - Do u201CRun Queryu201D (after enabling the Query Stripping setting)

Regards,

H

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for update but this is happening with brand new docs - we don't get the load driver message WIS 00000 and getting this on some

afetr following workflow

1) Create doc

2) Save doc

3) Try reopen doc.

Many Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Some of those notes details come from Trace analysis (APS DSL_Bridge and WebIProcessingServer) . I would recommend that you provide the same to Support via an OSS.

You need to identify a step that you are doing which is causing the problem, (also, which can be circumnavigated)

almost all my customer said 'that's all we did' but after close monitoring, it was doing 'save and close in the query panel' rather than 'refresh'. also, some users swore blind that they hadn't 'enabled query stripping' but they had . Really strutinise all your steps in the interface.

also, you need to be specific about which Viewer technology you are using DHTML vs JAVA

also, this could be happening if your Adaptive Processing Server is restarting (due to memory exhaution) after each document refresh. are there any instabilities on the platform side ? (i..e has it been distributed, sized and tuned? )

Regards,

H

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reponse.

Distributed environment 1 server hosts web application server (Tomcat), 1 server hosts BOE components.

Contacted BO support and we did right click on document/modify and get error message you referred to.

However - also get this message when try right click modify existing web intelligence sample reports or even try open which ship with the product and have never been modified.

Checked that file referred to exist in Input frs and does.

Logged in as Administrator so not permission-realted.

Thi seems like a huge bug to me that can't vene open the webi sample reports which ship with the product.

servers look fine - I'm only one using and can create ans save reports fine just openiong or modifying some later or some of the sample ones.

Our FRS is on networked location and uses UNC path - I'm assuming this has no impcat.

Many Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

It might be a huge bug depending on which SP and Patch level you are on.

What's you OSS number please?

regards,

H

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on BI 4.0 SP2.

Not sure of OSS - Just raised new case as believe the underlyiong cause is possibly universe corruption

Universe corruption e-fashion FRM0003 ( 42137 / 2012 )

Tried importing the sample e-fashion universe and found couldn't. Can importy some universes fine.

So looked in CMC at the properties of the e-fashion universe and took copy of the e-fashion.unv from the Input File repository store onto my local PC and cannot open with Univesre Design Tool - says FRM003 corrupt.

Is there a tool to repair the corruptions?

What causes this?

Many Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly, you need to upgrade to a higher version.

There have been 10 Patches since SP02, so you are 6 months out of date, at least. there will be hundreds, if not a thouzand-odd fixes to improve the product that really cannot be discounted.

The product went General Availability on Patch2.5, so that is really the minimum requirement.

You need a clean baseline, on both the server and client-side, on which our support staff can base their assertions during investigation.

There is really very little value in debugging a version (SP02) when any code correction will be issued ontop of the latest available download (Patch2.10)

Would you be able to evaluate it in a Sandbox environment ?

Regards,

H

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

One more thing - i really wouldn't put too much importance on the efashion samples - they don't come fully pre-configured to work out of the box (middleware config required etc) and the file doesn't convert adequately to UNX format for the SQL server schema (previously Access) . and the old Access .unv isn't well supported on a 64-bit platform

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Version installed currently BI 4.0 SP2 ( Version 14.0.2.364).

When look at available patch files to download lists BI 4.0 SP02 Patches 7, 8,9 anmd 10.

No 5 listed.

Couple of questions

Are the patches cumulative i.e. if install patch 10 this will includes all patches since SP02 release including 5,6,7,8,9 and 10 or would they all need to be installed individually which could be a problem as only see patch onwards.

When is SP3 going to be released which I assume will contain all these patches rolled up?

Also appreciate your point re the e-fashion universe but would epxect to be able to open it at least even if nor run queries against it shipping with certain middleware.

Many Thanks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

patch2.5 has been superceeded, hence gone.

yes, they are cumuative - you can go SP02 -> Patch2.10 in one hop

SP03 is going to be called 'feature pack 03' and ramp up starts in Feburary, and yes, it foward-fit all the above fixes.

the problem with the demo sources is that they are unchanged.

Servers are now 64 bit. Middleware is 3rd party. Access is rubbish and not 64 bit compliant.

That said, the conversion from 32bit access efashion to 64bit sql srv efashion is a very good learning excercise in configuring data access. but you might have more luck with Adventure works (island resorts) SQL server sample.

Regards,

H

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

Just to let you know also get the error UX0025 when try and import one of our own universes from the repository (UX0025).

When copy the relevant file from Input Filestore to my local machine and open get message FRM003 - corrupted.

Is there any BO tool to repair corruptions?

Also what causes this?

Some are fine.

Many Thanks

raphael_branger
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I've just written a blog about "BO 4.0 FP3: get eFashion and other MS Access datasources working". Please read here: http://wp.me/p2nNXm-W

The summary of it:

1. On a BO 4.0 FP3 server install MS Access 2010 Redistributable 64bit
  2. Create necessary 64bit ODBC connection
  3. Modify your universe connections to point to the Access2010 driver
  4. have fun with efashion 😉

The bad thing is: As BO 4.0 SP2 doesn't support Access 2010 I don't know a way how to make it work there...

Regards

Raphael