cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected Sets for Catalog code - 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am aware that Selected sets can be created only for Catalog type 1 & 3. But in our business we have classified different type of defect codes in type 9. Evenhough I am attaching specific catalog defect type in MIC, when I see it in the notification screen, whole list of defect type is showing. Is there any possibility to group the defect codes according to the plant? (For your info - We have 4 different plant and each one of them has to use different catalog type as product manufactured is different)

Regards,

R.Ponniah ;

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi for the notification you can restrict the codes by naming conversion. For defferent plants you create the codes starting withe the plantcode and in through authorization object Q_CAT_GRP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain little bit more as I am new to SAP and not familiar with all the terms? Qhat do you mean by authorizing though Q_CAT_GROUP?

Regards,

R.Ponniah

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear ponnaih,

i would have preffered to go with GURU's suggestion,

Create plant wise different Catalog profiles, and different notification types.

but as you are new to these terms,

explore: Notification type creation, Assiging notification type to Inspection type. try this in developement server.

regards,

Amol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Use catalog profile for specific defect type, plant wise it is not possible in std SAP, better to define catalog profile and assign all defect type code grp. in that profile and assign that profile with ur notification type. goto config (SPRO)-> Quality Notification>Defect Recording-> define notification type----> and maintain all in that pop- up one by one.

Defect type is not plant specific.

Regards

Edited by: D GURU on Jan 17, 2012 8:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi the only problem with assigning the codes to the notification type is the notification type will be common across all the plants. If they are using different notification types for different plants then the solution provided by GURU ll be the ideal solution

Regards,

Smruti

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also assign a catalog profile on the quality view in the material master...unfortunately this also is not plant specific (MARA-RBNRM).

Regards

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have solved this by adding individual defect code type in the 'Assigned Inspection Catalogs' of the MIC as well as under the defect code for rejection. Now when I am getting the notification screen, the defect which are pertaining to that particular code is getting populated.

Thanks for everybody for giving your valuable suggestions. I am closing the questions after awarding the points.

Regards,

RP