Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC to JDBC - Character reference invalid XML character

tharaka_fernando
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all Gurus,

I have developed a RFC to JDBC scenareo and when trying to pass data i get a error saying (sxmb_moni) - "Runtime exception occurred during application mapping com/sap/xi/tf/_MM_de_cx_xd01_va01_2_Siebel_; com.sap.aii.utilxi.misc.api.BaseRuntimeException:Character reference ("&#00") is an invalid XML character"

I dont pass any blank values here & tried to pass one value(there is only one not null value in the table) to the Oracle Table again above error accurs.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can solve this problem performing following steps in your ECC system:

1. Go to transaction sm59 and locate the RFC Destination for your PI system. Double-click to open it.

2. Perform a "Unicode Test" using the button in top menu or pressing Ctrl+F5. The result will either say "Target is a unicode system" or "is NOT a unicode system".

3. Go to "MDMP & Unicode" tab page and set Non-Unicode or Unicode connection mode, depending on the result of your test in step 2.

Alternatively, you can also find your Sender Communication Channel in PI's ID and set the Unicode indicator there - it should be consistent with what is set in sm59 in your backend system.

Hope this helps,

Greg

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

PriyankaAnagani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check the message mapping once again. Copy the payload from the error message and test mapping in ESR. Also check the unicode option in the sender RFC channel. Refer the below threads

Regards,

Priyanka