cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop down event in Webdynpro ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have requirement, in which an ALV will be displayed with 5 columns , of which one column value will be selected through drop down.

I have created a editable ALV in which, if i select a drop down value from col1 then simultaneously the properties of the col2 to col5 should be changed (in that particular row only)

below is the scenario

Example: *DD-Drop down; DD1 is first value in the Drop Down and so on...

NE: Non editable

E : Editable

col1 --- col2 -

col3 -

col4 -

col5

DD1--

E
E

E
--

NE

DD2--

NE
E

NE
--

E

DD3--

E
NE

E
--

NE

can anyone please guide me on this

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have another problem. My Dropdown is empty and I want it to be filled only when I click on it. I have set the ON_CELL_ACTION as enabled, and am trying to catch the event. But nothing happens when I click on the EMPTY dropdown.

Any Ideas anyone?

chengalarayulu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed,

There is no such feasibility in WDP now. If you are functioning any action before that, there you can fill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Che,

Yes. Because When I try to catch the event, I am not able to at all.

Thanks for your reply though.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use onSelect Event of drop down and write code to modify alv contents accordingly. For drop down in ALV refer this article

[Drop down in WDA ALV|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0cbdde3-fe58-2c10-fcbc-8db18e693877?QuickLink=index&overridelayout=true]

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Kiran

if the drop down is a individual input field then i will get onselect event, but i have created the Drop down in ALV through codes, in that how would i capture the event...,

right now i'm trying to capture the ON_CELL_ACTION event of ALV and still working on it....

Edited by: SUNIL B SMG on Jan 17, 2012 1:30 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

By using the event ON_CELL_ACTION we can get R_param ,r_param->index,by using this we can do restriction in another columns i think.

But Before this we need to set the cell action event in IWDDOINIT.

data : lr_alv_conf_table TYPE REF TO cl_salv_wd_config_table,

CALL METHOD lr_alv_conf_table->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_cell_action_event_enabled

EXPORTING

value = abap_true.

Thanks,

Lavanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

@lavanyaMadhu

from WDDOMODIFYVIEW , i have written the code to trigger the ALV event ON_CELL_ACTION i.e,

DATA lv_value TYPE REF TO cl_salv_wd_config_table.

CALL METHOD lV_value->if_salv_wd_table_settings~set_cell_action_event_enabled

EXPORTING

VALUE = ABAP_TRUE .

by the above code the ON_CELL_ACTION event will be triggered, but i want the dropdown value selected ....

if i use r_param->VALUE i will get the selected value but i want to compare the value.

ie if r_param->VALUE eq 'DD1'.

here need to put the logic to set the col2 to col5 properities

endif.

but r_param->VALUE is of type DATA, so comparision is not happening with 'DD1' value....

Edited by: SUNIL B SMG on Jan 17, 2012 2:54 PM