cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taking back up of the pre and post re-aligned data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am doing re-alignment for certain products from one location to 2 different location on percentage basis.

I need to take the back up of the data only for religned products before and after realignment so that we can compare the activity and do corrective action if needed.

May be my requirement is having independent infopackage / infosource - I am not sure. but the thing is in the same object we need to two sets of data -- one pre- realignment and another post re-alignment.

Please tell me how I can achieve this. Please remember we already are taking backups daily. This is a separate and you can say additional requirement from the perspective of taking back up.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

You don't need to take backups separately. The existing backups can be used for your checks as well as for restoration if needed.

Having additional backups is a waste of effort and system resource and wouldn't give you any additional advantage.

IMP: You should doubly cross-check that the data which would get impacted is getting selected in the backup. Go to RSA1, select your cube, right click and select "manage". In the requests tab on the right hand side, you should see at least one row (or multiple rows having different request IDs, These rows correspond to the backups that have been taken different times, and you can restore data to planning area from any of the backup from these available requests in cube.)

You can make a note of current data from your planning views as required.

If you want to check current data backup in cube, go to RSA1, select your backup cube, right click and select "display data". In the next screen, select "field selection for output". In the next screen where you select outputs, select product, location and also select month or week as you want to check. Select all the Key Figures that you would like to check (remove the ones that you don;t need to check). Execute so that this output field selection is saved. These fields will be displayed to you in the output.

You would come back to the selection screen with the above execute. Here give your old location and required products as selection criteria, and scroll down. Select the tick box "use DB aggregation" in setting section. Do not touch the other tick marks. In the field, maximum number of hits, delete 200 and make it blank. Execute the T-code and you would see current data for your selected location-products month wise or week-wise as per what you specified earlier. If you want, you can also similarly check the data for the 2 target locations.

After you have done the realignment, you can repeat this exercise. Only change would be to give the 2 new locations as selection criteria apart from the materials in planning views/cube. Compare that for a particular material, sum of data for the 2 locations is equal to the data for that material at the old location.

As mentioned above, if you are taking backup, you would be able to restore the data from the cube to planning area easily in standard SAP transaction.

Hope this helps.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I have two points to say --

1. I am selecting the option - Delete Source ,while doing realignment. Can I do this ?

2. Yes, this would be a additional requirement from the system perspective and we need this. I have given this option to my client. But they want exclusive back up of only the re-aligned products.

In this back up we will have only the data of the re-aligned products/locations combination.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Prabhat

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

1. If I understand correctly, you wouldn't need the source location anymore (Neither data nor the CVCs) after the realignment.

If this is the case, then select the option "Delete Source". If you still need the source location after the realignment, then you should not check this option. You can delete the CVCs later on also.

2. Check how many backups are existing in your cube. You should ideally convince your client that they should not waste the costly APO memory by taking additional backup. But if they still insist, you have the following options:

a) Setup a new backup process, meaning a new infosource, new cube, etc. I would say total wastage of effort on your side, and also wastage of system resources.

OR

b) You would be having a job or process chain to take the backup, change the selection criteria and take an additional backup in the same backup cube giving the selection as your locations and products. As I already mentioned, this is basically taking one more backup (corresponding to request ID that I mentioned earlier) of the data that would already be available in previous backup, so really doesn't help, but up to you.

In this case, you should be careful to check how the option to "delete overalapping requests" has been maintained in the backup setup. Otherwise, you could end up deleting your normal backup when you create this backup. For this part, better check with a BW person from your team. My guiding remotely could be an issue, especially if some routine is maintained.

Best option: Show to your client that all the data is already existing in backup, and that you can selectively restore it (based on selected CVCs, or selective KFs, etc as per your need). Report /SAPAPO/RTSINPUT_CUBE (Tcode /SAPAPO/TSCUBE) takes care of this.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pawan,

Can I take a copy of particular InfoPackage and then extact data from PA in it.we can filter only on the realigned locations.

What is the use of t-code --- LISTCUBE.

Your answer is awaited urgently.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prabhat,

I think its not relevant in your case to create new backup cubes. All you need is proper BW queries on the existing cubes to give the clients the desired output.

For example, you can write a bw query comparing before and after snapshot over the same cube.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers!

Jacky.

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

You can't copy data in an infopackage.

Data will get copied in an infocube or you could get it to a DSO. Infocube is the best option to take backup of data.

So, as I mentioned earlier, you should use the same backup cube that you have. Just modify the data selection in the infopackage corresponding to your location products, and schedule the backup again. In the request that would get loaded, you would have only the data corresponding to the location products that you specify. Based on request ID or the date of loading, you can selectively view only this data in the cube, or select it from the cube for reversing the data in the planning area. This is a foolproof solution without any issues.

LISTCUBE is nothing but a transaction to display Infocube data. I already mentioned earlier that you could also do this by "display data" option. Up to you which way you would like to see the data.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

I am doing DTP from Info package to back up cube after realignment but I am getting error - Dump: Interna lsession terminatedwith a runtime error.

What does it mean ?

Please note that when I did DTP before re-alignment then every thing was fine.

Thanks,

Prabhat Sahay

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

Most likely some internal inconsistency. Try running a time series consistency check for planning area /sapapo/ts_lcm_cons_check with all the options checked. Remove all identified inconsistencies.

Then try backup again. Most likely it should work now.

If this doesn't work, proceed as below.

The details that you shared are not sufficient to investigation further.

Go to ST22, and check for "today's" dumps. Identify the log corresponding to your failure (based on date & time), and then paste the following details in this thread:

From the section "what happened" and "where terminated", copy paste the details.

Also, there would be a section "what you can do". Copy paste the same as well.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pawan,

What happened -

The exception 'CX_SY_NO_HANDLER' was raised, but it was not caught anywhere

along

the call hierarchy.

Since exceptions represent error situations and this error was not

adequately responded to, the running ABAP program

'CL_RSBK_CMD_X=================CP' has to be

terminated.

What can you do -

Note down which actions and inputs caused the error.

To process the problem further, contact you SAP system

administrator.

Using Transaction ST22 for ABAP Dump Analysis, you can look

at and manage termination messages, and you can also

keep them for a long time.

Error Analysis----

An exception occurred which is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_NO_HANDLER', was not caught

and

therefore caused a runtime error.

The reason for the exception is:

An exception with the type CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB occurred, but was neither handled

locally, nor declared in a RAISING clause

The occurrence of the exception is closely related to the occurrence of

a previous exception "CX_SY_OPEN_SQL_DB", which was raised in the program

"CL_RSODSO_SEMANTIC_PACKETIZER=CP",

specifically in line 79 of the (include) program

"CL_RSODSO_SEMANTIC_PACKETIZER=CM002".

The cause of the exception was:

The database returned a value containing an error

I tried to use ts_lc_cons_check but this t-code does not exist.

I used sapapo/tscons to run the time series consistency check.

Thanks,

Prabhat

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

/sapapo/ts_lcm_cons_check is the report corresponding to t-code sapapo/tscons.

Did you get any errors as result of this check? Please share if you saw any error.

Checks /actions that you can take:

1) Go to /sapapo/om17, select 'consistency check livecache - APO DB'. In the next screen, select "DP time series" option, and your relevant planning version, and let this transaction run in the background.

Try extraction again after this report finishes

2) Go to RSA3, give the name of your datasource for the planning area, give planning version and execute. Do you get any error here, or otherwise you will get a result list which will show that extraction was successful?

3) From the ST22 dump, also share the details of "where occured". This will be a code level information. It could give some more information. Mostly BW persons can check the issue in debug, but I think this would be tough for you.

I have not faced any issues related to data extraction after any kind of realignment. Let's see why it happened in your case.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur kind help.

Answers (0)