cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting the Payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are 10 payment terms which client doesnt need.....

in that 5 they are not going to use in future.....another 5 they used previously for orders now they dont want to see in F4.....

In OBB8 if i delete the 5 Payment terms....does it affect the previous SO's where the Payment terms have been used previously....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
if i delete the 5 Payment terms....does it affect the previous SO's

Yes of course. Dont delete the existing payment terms unless you are sure that there is no open sale orders with that payment terms.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

I have to only check the Open SO's rite??? what about the completed SO's....No need ot worry...

Edited by: pranav_23 on Jan 17, 2012 8:12 AM

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to look on completed sale orders. Of course, forget to mention that there should not be any open billing documents also against that closed sale orders. Nevertheless, it is not ideal to delete any master data.

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Firstly, it is not a good idea to delete any Payment Terms. Try to convince your client on this.

If they are adamant, then it is safe to delete Payment that are not used till date. For Payment Terms used in Sales Document, make sure that there is not a single open Doucment (Sales Order, Invoice & FI DOucment)for those Payments before deleting.

But the important thing remain that you should notdelete the payment terms that are used in past.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Try with User exit

MV45AFZB , Form USEREXIT_CHECK_VBKD

Regards,

Prasanna