Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warehouse related problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Hope all of you are doing very well!

The storage location for the company under my problem is operated by the warehouse management system & the lean WM is activated, hence PGI is not happening in VL01N but it is causing me to create a transfer order for doing the picking of goods/material where, I am getting the error msg. # L3006 stating the control data for storage type is missing.

I had checked all of the settings as specified by the forums rest of the posting related to L3006 but all are fine. In one of the postings, it was specified to maintain the storage type data in the WM view of the material master for the material under consideration. But my material is FERT & I am not able to find the WM view tab in the material master.

What needs to be done so that this control data is being maintained which will lead me to create the transfer order and there by the PGI?

Thanks & regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Santosh,

There should be some WM configuration issue or Material master WM views updation.

Please find the below thread which is similar to this issue.

[;

Hopefully this would resolve your issue, otherwise provide your obsevations / results.

So that, it would help us to find the solution for this problem.

Regards

Suresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I followed the link provided by you but that also proved to be a futile attempt towards solving the issue. Of the various solutions being offered in the post the two which I followed up (rest being already tried) were:

1) Activate the placement field in the WM tab1 & tab2.

I didn't found any of the field with this name i.e. placement meanwhile both the stock placement & stock removal fields in the storage type screen under IMG are having the default settings with no intervention from my side.

2) Follow the oss note 188946 in case the table T331B is empty.

But the field is not empty, infact it is having all the values pertaining to WM like Storage location, storage type etc.

The storage type which I had defined under my configurational settings is 005 i.e. for fixed storage bin type.

Now, please suggest me with a solution.

Thanks & regards,

Kumar.

kkafoury1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly consider that the storage conditions can be defined in the material master storage location view as you are using lean WM.

Best regards.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear friend,

you would extend your FERT material running MM01 and set up Warehouse management data

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

But the WM view is not present for material type FERT in MM01.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

running MM01 (put the existing material number) you EXTEND it:

-run MM01

-type the material number (which already exists)

-select NEW WM- views you need to add

-type org. levels

-fill data (WM views)

-save material

run MM02 or MM03 and make sure you extended this material and your material now exists in WM

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have taken all the measures as specified by you but still not able to get the problem resolved. Every time when I run the LT03 for creating the transfer order system throws the error message as the control data for the storage type is missing.

I am not able to understand where the mistake has occured. I had went through all of my configurational settings which I had done for WM, and all are fine at their respective places. Then which control data for storage type? which t.code.

I frisked through the trx. code OMM1 as specified in many of the internet site texts but, there also no remedy was found for this particular problem.

Where is the control data for storage type is used to be maintained w.r.t. the trx. code?

Please mark that it is storage type and not storage unit type.

Thanks,

Kumar.