cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote CL Copy failed due to RFC error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I tried to remote client copy from QAS to PRD to create performance testing environment.

But the copy failed due to RFC error.

Total num of tables to be copied is 61358, and 61357 of them succeeded, but copying the last table 'RMPSC_TRF_VALUE' failed.

I reran the errored copy from SCC3 but the error remains and I cannot finish the copy.

In FileLog or SystemLog, I cannot find any 'red' error message, only 'yellow' warnings occurred.

The RFC testing goes well, and logical system name is assigned, and I don't know what else I should care about.

The system is;

SAP: ERP6.0 EhP5 SPs4

DB: SQL Server 2008 R2

Please help if anyone know anything on this.

thanks in advance,

Hodaka Yamada

Edited by: Hodaka Yamada on Jan 17, 2012 2:31 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those who have similar issue, the follow notes should help to resolve this problem

Note 1649127 - client copy : ASSIGN_CAST_COMPLEX_TYPE dump.

Halu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have implemented the above note 1649127 but this does not help. Still the same error when i tried to RUN Copy Error option. Or do you suggest to Re Run the whole client copy again. Also i am not getting the Short dump mentioned in the Note 1649127.

former_member204080
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Try rerunning the whole client copy again

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have re run the client copy: same result and then raised a message with SAP. SAP said that ignore that warning.

Below is the reply from SAP.

This table RMPSC_TRF_VALUE has got a big key structure hence, transport for it on key fields is not possible ( please refer to long text in the warning message). Since this table possibly is also empty in your production area, I expect client copy may not work. It is a customizing table but if you are not using DoD variant of Records Mgt for Public Sector (transaction SCASEPS & rms id S_RMPS_DOD) then this will not be used.

Hence, this is nothing to worry.

It is a new table delivered with SAP_BASIS 702. Our application Netweaver Folder Mgt has few Public Sector variants for different certifications like TNA, DOMEA & DOD. This table is specifically for DOD.Please refer to sdn link - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/nw-ecm?rid=/webcontent/uuid/80194853-fa8a-2c10-3ca8-d17671671993 for info on the product & certifications. ( SCASEPS transaction or Public Procurementscenario of SRM ).
Unless the client copy errors out & rolls back for all the other objectsas well, you can ignore error of this object's client copy. There wont be any harm done.

Perhaps you can try with deactivating the table to avoid the error OR ifthis is possible you can try this - manually add the table to the copy list with keys - client, id & prop_map_alt_key( it is the presence of rm_value in the key which iscausing the problem).

Please follow the steps in note 70290 to exclude the table from client copy.

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hodaka,

Pls provide SCC3 import logs to undersatnd exact cause of the issue. Also paste warning messages to clarify

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Here is part of my copy client log in /usr/sap/trans/log/

3 ETA314 Start: Recopy errors "05.03.2012" "23:28:17"
2 ETA231 RFC error. System: "FAADMIN_TO_DEVCLNT800" Table: "RMPSC_TRF_VALUE" RC: "10"
2 ETA532 "Error in ASSIGN statement in program SAPLSRTT" "                           ."
4 ETA149 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
4 ETA148 Table                 Ins.     Del.     Upd. Func.  kByte  Time[sec] Time
2 ETA347 Warning: Source client has logical system, target client does not
1 ETA357 Selected tables           : "        60.662"
1 ETA298 Copied data in kBytes  : "     3.824.879"
1 ETA299 Deleted data in kBytes : "     3.810.070"
1 ETA146 Program ended with error or warning, return code: "F"
1 ETA027 Runtime (seconds)         : "         6.385"
1 ETA152 End of processing: "23:28:18"

Cheers,

Halu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

SAP_ALL is assigned to my user, so I don't think authorization is the root cause.

Hodaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check RFC Authorization(username and password).

Sometimes RFC authorization got failed at the time of Client copy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried Authorization test in SM59, but RFC Destination worked well.

Hodaka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hodaka San,

Did your problem solved? Please advice

I have exactly the same error as your cases

Cheers,

Halu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hodaka,

Try check the User RFC Authorization is Full.

Try use Background process and check if do not have any Transport Request Locking Objects.

Thanks

Maikel