cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using alerts for when there are mappings or any other type of exception processing an interface in PI.

The alerts are resend multiple times as configured in the alerts rules but I would like to reduce this from being sent 10 time as is configured for default to only 2 or 3. Does anybody know where to configure this?

Thanks,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such option to reduce or configure such alerts. You see 10 alerts because number of retries PI make to send the message is 10. For receiving 2-3 alerts only, you have to then reduce the number of retries to 2-3. You may search SCN for "error message retry" and you will get related configuration. However, before changing it, make sure you understand the business impact as it would be generic for all interfaces.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I guess you are right.

The confusion now is that I can see that program RSXMB_RESTART_MESSAGES is scheduled execute every 10 minutes, but there is also parameter IS_RETRY_LIMIT in transaction SXMB_ADM that also retries every 10 mintues.

Are this two the same thing?

Thanks,

Pablo

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

They are similar, but not same. Check the detailed description here

I thought this should be the first blog you will get on SCN if you try search for these parameters.

Regards,

Prateek