cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ICM Statistics - Suppressed Cache Entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I've done the usual search in SAP xSearch and Google, not to mention checking the application help, but I can't seem to find the answer.

We have a CRM ABAP 7.0 system (kernel 7.01). When I display the ICM statistics for the HTTP Server Cache (txn SMICM), I see:

Cache Statistics Cache Size (Bytes) 52428,800 Occupied Cache Memory (Bytes) 52422,656 Maximum Number of Cache Entries 10,000 Current Number of Cache Entries 5,968 Number of Suppressed Cache Entries 55,593 Total Number of Cache Accesses 27134,021 Number of Cachable Accesses 28224,213 Number of Cache Hits 23749,222 84.14 % Number of Failed Cache Accesses 4,474,991 15.86 % Number of Cache Hits in Memory 23749,222 84.14 % Maximum Number of UFO Entries 2,000 Current Number of UFO Entries 0 Number of Accesses to UFO List 416 Number of UFO Hits 44

What, pray tell, are "Suppressed Cache Entries" (in red above) are what are their effects on the Server Cache performance? Do I need to 'care' about these suppressed entries?

Regards,

bryan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bryan,

No sure exactly about suppressed cache entries but,after checking this help doc:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/f6/3c0b0389cea34ba66f10d62b718a1a/content.htm

I suppose,these are the cache entry for the suppressed error/output message achieved after setting parameter such as is/HTTP/show_detailed_errors to FALSE.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

HI,

this could be the number of entries in the cache that have been deleted to release space to new ones.

Chers,

Clébio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Ashutosh and Clébio for responding to my query.

Ashutosh , the link you supplied was interesting and it is possible that web error pages, such as "400 session timed out", could be the so-called suppressed cache pages.

Clébio, As for "the number of entries in the cache that have been deleted to release space to new ones," I think the message that would be relevant to that action is the CCMS alert "EvictedEntries". I'm not certain as that is anotehr alert that isn't very well documented.

bryan