cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices for loading apo planning book data to cube for reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know whether there are any Best practices for loading apo planning book data to cube for reporting.

I have seen 2 types of Design:

1) The Planning Book Extractor data is Loaded first to the APO BW system within a Cube, and then get transferred to the Actual BW system. Reports are run from the Actual BW system cube.

2) The Planning Book Extractor data is loaded directly to a cube within the Actual BW system.

We do these data loads during evening hours once in a day.

Rgds

Gk

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi GK,

What I have normally seen is:

1) Data would be extracted from APO Planning Area to APO Cube (FOR BACKUP purpose). Weekly or monthly, depending on how much data change you expect, or how critical it is for business. Backups are mostly monthly for DP.

2) Data extracted from APO planning area directly to DSO of staging layer in BW, and then to BW cubes, for reporting.

For DP monthly, SNP daily

You can also use the option 1 that you mentioned below. In this case, the APO cube is the backup cube, while the BW cube is the one that you could use for reporting, and this BW cube gets data from APO cube.

Benefit in this case is that we have to extract data from Planning Area only once. So, planning area is available for jobs/users for more time. However, backup and reporting extraction are getting mixed in this case, so issues in the flow could impact both the backup and the reporting. We have used this scenario recently, and yet to see the full impact.

Thanks - Pawan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

For now I'll go with Option 2 and may be we will still use the Backup cube in APO and load data once in a month.

Rgds

Gk

Answers (0)