cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with RFC

0 Kudos

Hello guys!!

I have two environments one ERP 5.0 Non-unicode and other ERP 6.0 unicode.

I need to create one rfc connection between then

I created this connection and I done many tests Connection and Application Server network with sucess.

On test of authorization I have the message "Name or password is incorrect (repeat logon)" but i put the same password in both environmentes with profiles sap_all and sap_new.

Can Someone help me with this problem?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Marcos,

You can set the password in numbers. if you run into this problem, definitely try the number idea for the password first - it will save you a ton of time.

Coming to the issue....

Looks like a problem of downward incompatibility of passwords caused by lower- and UPPER-case characters.

This means that the higher release is expecting a case-sensitive password, but the lower one (and components in between) are converting the password to UPPER-CASE.

If the user is only used in this connection... set a password with all characters in UPPER-CASE in the ECC 6.0 system and test again.

Alternately take a look at the RZ11 profile login/password_downwards_compatibility. You can instruct the higher system to evaluate a password sent by a lower release system, if the new hashing mechanism fails. So it uses both until all connecting systems are compatible.

You can also try the old mechanism (entering the password in UPPER-CASE) than using downward compatibility (both mechanisms).

Regards,

Arjun

0 Kudos

Hi Arjun

The problems was solved, I entered password in UPPER-CASE in both environments.

Best Regards

Marcos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Macros,

It is nothing wrong authorization profiles. Are you getting this error in ERP60 or ERP5.0?

Please check password restrictions in that particular system. Let's assume in ERP5.0 system, if login/min_password_lng is set to 8 and you provide password of XYZ user in RFC destination with length 10 then it will fail with Name/password incorrect.

Please take a look at below link for password restriction profile parameters, compare both systems and take necessary actions to get this RFC work.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/22/41c43ac23cef2fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks,

SIva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Check the password type for the user that is used in RFC.

When i say password type it should not be product password if user is dialog

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marcos,

Can you check logging on to the user on either of the system.

If the logon works fine the authentication of these users should work fine.

Also ensure the right client is being addressed in logon tab in SM59 RFC.

Regards

Vivek