cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching the SAPinst with ISERPACK8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

When the SAP note talks about patching the SAPinst Installation master CD, as per note 707805, I am a little confused on why it has kept the ISERPACK8 in the

following place: SAP Support Packages and PatchesEntry by Application Group> >SAP NetWeaver>SAP NETWEAVER>SAP NETWEAVER 2004S>Entry by Component>Application Server ABAP>SAP KERNEL 7.00 32-BIT>Windows Server on IA32 32bit>DB2/400.

I am planning to install a NW04s(usage type EP) with the installation CD's. Should I patch up the install CD with this ISERPACK8? Is this the correct one? I am saying this as we are running iSeries release V5R3, on which we will have a SAP KERNEL 7.00 64-BIT, after the install of Nw04s. Then why are we downloading stuff from under the section Windows Server on IA32 32bit-->DB2/400????

OR is it(Windows Server on IA32 32bit-->DB2/400) just a place to keep the STUFF???

Pls put in your thoughts...

Thanks

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Yes, this is confusing. But it also hase a certain logic as SAPInst itself is a Windows executable which acts on your iSeries via TMKSVR.

Don't worry about the location, ISERPACK stands for ISERies PACKage

HTH,

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for clarifying this. I was not sure if I was downloading the correct stuff...

Now when you have told me this, it makes a lot of sense..."Windows executable which acts on your iSeries via TMKSVR."

I see why they have kept that in the 32 bit section...

But is a little confusing...esp when you have to be careful about the bits and bytes of the OS..hahaha

Anyway..thanks a lot

Abhi