cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of SAP Solution Manager 7.1 and Quality Center 11.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a first step of SolMan-QC Integration, we have installed QC 11 with Enterprise Integration 2.6 patch 2.

Then created a new project and enabled the extension (Enterprise Integration ).

When logged into the project and navigating through the modules, we are getting the below error messages.

Kindly suggest any solutions to resolve this issue.

Error Message:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

"u201CFailed selecting useru2019s last visited module u2018Defectu2019"

Thanks,

Veera.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Plz verify if the QC Adapter Extension on the HPQC front has been set correctly.

Also are all users getting this error or only some specific types? Does the QC Administrator also get the same error messages.

Enterprise Extensions and Possibly license files for the QC and the project may need to be reinstalled it looks like.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes all the users are facing the issue. Please find more details for the issue.

Currently we are upgrading Quality Center 10.0 to 11.0 with HP Enterprise Integration module for SAP applications. The project successfully upgraded from QC 10.0 to 11.0 but there are some error popup for the project for which Application Module and Enterprise Integration for SAP applications Version 2.6 was enabled

Quality Center Details:

HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.00

ALM patch level: 07

Quality Center 11.00 Enterprise Edition

Component Build

OTA Client 11.0.0.6051

User Interface 11.0.0.6051

WebGate Client 11.0.0.6051

Test Run Scheduler 11.0.0.6051

Execution Flow 11.0.0.6051

Site Administration Client 11.0.0.6051

Extension Version

Enterprise Integration for SAP applications 2.6.0.3232

Sprinter 11.0.0.6051

Application Model 2.6.0.917

Installation Steps followed:-

1.Installed HP ALM

2.Installed Patch Service Pack 2 (Patch 2,3,4)

3.Installed Patch 6

4.Installed Patch 7

5.Installed the Extensions HP Enterprise Integration module for SAP applications using Extension Deployment Tool by following the steps provided in the Addin Page

6.Created new project in HP ALM

7.Login to the project (no issue)

8.Enabled the Project Extensions

9.Login to the project (able to access the project but error message is popup when we access Test plan and Defect module)

Note: There is no error when we access the project for which the HP Enterprise Integration module for SAP applications EI not enabled. QC 11.0 is not integrated with any tools.

Let me know is there any step we missed or we need to do any manual steps we need to do before enabling EI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consider uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter and the licenses. I have seen this corruption happen due to a Hex code mismatch in the license file.

If you bought your adapter from SAP, plz open a message under the appropriate component right away.

Did you get any errors during project migrations? Also, try creating a fresh project, and try to see if you get an error in that v/s a project that was migrated from QC 10 to ALM 11

Let me know how that goes

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We didnu2019t have any error when we upgrade the Project in QC. Only after upgrading the project we are getting the issue.

I am QC admin and I am new to SAP, can you please clarify the below one

What will happen when we enable Enterprise Integration for SAP application, Application Model under Project Extensions without configuring the Solution Manager Server?

In other words is Solution manager server configuration is mandatory if we enable the EI for SAP application, Application Model under Project Extensions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not mandatory to integrate with SolMan.

Try creating a fresh project and see if you get the same error. Also plz verify if you are getting this error message only on migrated projects?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is what I can think of as a starting point. Remember to use the same user that you used when you deployed E-I on QC10, and it should have Administrative rights on the server, Nothing less.

1. Deactivate the Project

2. Un-Deploy the extension use the extension deployment tool, Do not uncheck it, since you cannot disable the extension.

3. Activate the Project, But do not enter it, since you will end up corrupting the project as result.

4. Deactivate the Project again.

5. Download a fresh copy of the extensions and the latest patch numbers you provided.

6. Deploy them using the Deployment tool

7. Complete the deployment, and then move to activate the project and see if the error is resolved.

From your next HPQC upgrade, remember to upgrade the extension first and then migrate the projects , if you have not already done that.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am getting error only for the projects (new created and migrated) which the E-I is enabled.

The other projects are working when we inactivate those projects which have the EI enabled.

The error is only in Defect and Test plan so as per my understanding if we enable the EI in QC site admin project the SolMan server should be configured with that QC server.

Let me know is my understanding is correct or not.

As per QC EI manual it says when upgrading the QC project the EI will upgrade for 2.5 to 2.6 so I follow the same procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you plz try the steps I mentioned. Try them for one project and see if that works.

I saw your threads on Eye On Testing and the HP forum as well.

Former Member
0 Kudos

same no luck...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to locate SAP documentation on the exact same intergration. Where did you find it?