Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Role Transport ended with warning : 4 ( transport log error )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

System : ERP ECC 6.0

SAP Basis Component: SAP_BASIS :701 :0008 : SAPKB70108

Role :Transport ended with warning : 4 ( transport log error )

Reason : ORG. Level values missing in Test and Production client as compared to Development.

We have the Org.level table mismatch when I compare the development , test and the production environment. ( Table : USORG) This is creating an ungenerated state for all the roles ( with the ORG.Values) that we move to test environment.

As per the Notes and other discussions, we have to run the ORG_FILED_CREATE, but running the report when the system is live ( since 1 year ) it will change the field value on all the roles that hold the missing filed.

Can any one please advise as how best to handle this.

Vidyar

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firstly,

what is the reason of such discrepancy? Did you promote fields to org level in Dev and didn't move your tranports across?

Firstly find out the discrepancy between the USORG table of Dev and Production. Is there any standard fields missing in Production?

Normally PFCG_ORG_FIELD create will not break anything in the system. If you promote a field through this report, then it automatically reads all the impacted roles and promotes the field which same set of values are existing in the role previously.

All you need is to then re-generate the impacted roles listed in the report and re-transport.

Let me know the fields having discrepancy and I will let you know the further steps.

Thanks,

Deb

0 Kudos

Hi Majumdar,

Thank you for the quick response.

1. I took up the responsibility a few weeks back with this client. Business team is still figuring out what was done.

The roles are being transported and the roles with the missing Org. values go into an ungenerated state in Test and production . ( For the past 1 year the roles are transported and they do not have any issues with restricting / authorization!!! )

2. Probably the transport did not reach the test and the production environment.

( Checked all transports for the objects but no transport has the promoted field.)

3. The field that is missing is MTART ( material type ) on TEST and PRODUCTION environments under ERP

4. Also we have a HR system, here too we have a similar situation.

Fileds missing : PERSA and PERSK

Vidyar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problably someone maintained the table directly. This used to be the old way...

I suggest sending a clean transport through from DEV and check that other transports of not "stuck" in the sequence.

Then correct the roles (you will have to drill around in SE16 or use SU25 again) and transport them through.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Agree with Julius, among the 3 fields mentioned, MTART and PERSA should stay as Org level field, however PERSK would depend on your project.

I think a good approach will be to sink the tables first before sending the roles.

For that it would be good if you can ask Basis to take a backup of USORG in Dev first.

Remove and reload the missing fields in USORG through PFCG_ORGFIELD_DELETE and CREATE Move the transport across.

Then also move USOBT_C and USOBX_C tables from Dev. Use Step 3 of SU25 and lastly move all the impacted roles across.

0 Kudos

Indeed, and it gets worse because if you change the org.fields, get the list of impacted roles, create the transport request for them , fix them, then release it...

... then "older" profiles are transported.

Same goes for transports out-of-sequence. Big mess. IMO a "best practice" system could even not have any org-level fields and also by implication no derived roles anyway...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

True, in such cases things are ought go for a toss. The Fastest way would have to been to simply copy Development into Prod..... ;-). You what will happen thereafter....so save everything...a bit messy though..but rescue able!!!

This is good learning though for everyone!

0 Kudos

Julius,

I will fix this issue and post my experience doing this, as I am doing it for the first time.

Thank you for the input, it is helpful.

Vidyar.

0 Kudos

Hi Majumdar,

Thank you for the guidance, I will plan accordingly and keep all posted as to how it went.

Vidyar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyar,

The error occurs because you are transporting the Profile generated together with Role.

I Recommend do a transport without generate Authorizations.

When you go Role -> Transport you must Unchecked The option also Transport Generated Profiles.

After transport is done, you go to Mass Generation of Profiles and generates automatically.

Regards

Maikel