Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAD - Spool Server - Set Command Id.

dsanpor
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

I set up a printer. This printer spool write spool orders in the operating system. Orders are generated spool in background jobs running various programs.

Example:

zjob

Step 1 rsusr100n

Step 2 rsusr003

Step 3 resauselect1

So in "Set Command Id" I have defined a command that copies the files (spool spool orders) in another directory.

Example:

/ usr / bin / cp & F / usr / sec / control / & m / &F;

So far the spool server was static and the process has worked correctly. But by substituting a logical server not all orders are copied to the spool path defined in "Set Command Id".

When we changed the physical server by the logical server spool orders that come through the same application server that ran the background process are copied to the path.

Why does this happen?

Thanks and regards. David Sanchez.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dsanpor
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts.

I think that it only possible to define "Set Command Id" when "Host Spool Access Method" is L type ("Print Locally Using LP/LPr" ) and Spool Server is phisical host.

So every spool order generated in same host and can be processed by "Set command id".

In other way:

- If Spool server is logical server then some spool orders can not be processed by same host which executed de job. The command included in "set command id" is executed in one application server and it is local proccess.

- If host access method not equal L then there is not possible to define "set command id".

One solution is n jobs with one step. Or create one develop which merge all spool orders.

Thanks and best regards.

David Sánchez.