cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

search for customer using KNB1-ALTKN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have my customers loaded in a new server with reference to old server, by mapping the olad customer under the field KNB1-ALTKN, ( at company code data level).

I use ECC 6.0 where i dont find this field when i search the customers using F4 in VD03, can this be amended so that i can search the new customers by keying in this previous customer number field, if so please let me know on the steps involved.

Thanks & regards

Ilango

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check OSS Note 171048 - F4: Search for old account number not possibe. It looks by standard it is NOT given, but you can add as per the note.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS Note 171048, solved the problem, many thanks siva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I hope you are aware that Table KNB1 is table Customer Master u2013 Company Code Data.

1. Check the field KNB1-ALTKN in XD01/FD01 in company code data instead VD01.

2. If the field is not available in XD01/FD01. Then check Account Groups with screen layout - select the Group - select company code data - select Account management - Previous account number, based on your requirement maintain the display of the field.

Further you can user exit EXIT_SAPMF02D_001 for populating this field automatically.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

thanks for your input, the issue is we have made the previous account number field populated for all the customers & is already available, but am not able to use this field as a search parameter, am proceeding to check the OSS message indicated in the posts & will keep everyone updated once i have the issue resolved.

Thanks & Regards

Ilango

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use Search Term 2 (length - 20 characters) in general data for maintaining the previous master record number (KNB1-ALTKN).

Refer SAP Note 512840 - Search customer master record with search term 1/2.

Regards

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

In search help use the tab" customers by old account number".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for the answer, but the ECC6.0 does not have this option of Customers by Old number. is this part of the different versions or is this part of some configuration differences between these 2 servers?

Thanks & Regards

Ilango