cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMS import runs indefinitely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have NWDI running on a netweaver 04s SP8 platform. I am trying to do changes to SAP CRM SCs (CRMWEB, CRMAPP, SHRWEB, SHRAPP). I have created a track as per the guidance in SAPISA50DevAndExtGuide1_1.pdf that talks about CRM Java customization. Copied all archives from service.sap.com and checked in all the archives except CRMWEB, CRMAPP, SHRWEB, SHRAPP. I then decided to import the above 4 SCAs one at a time, as these are huge archives (100 to 200 MB). Started with SHRWEB, as its used by the other SCAs. But the import runs for hours without finishing. After an hour, I am unable to login to CMS or CBS. When system is recycled, I could logon to CMS only to find the archive still in Import Running status. Log file for the import is empty. I unlocked the import, ran it again and am seeing the same. Seems like the import is eating up all the system resources but am not sure.

I have already setup up the following config values for HTTP Provider thru Visual Admin

MaxRequestContentLength = 1048576 (Default is 128Kb)

KeepAliveTimeout=300 (default is 15 seconds)

ServletsLongDataTransferTimeout = 600000 (Default is 10000)

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bhaskar,

Check you logs with the log viewer (defaulttrace), maybe you can get some information there on what's going wrong. Which step is hanging? Import in repository, CBS make or deployment?

Regards,

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its the Repository import thats running indefinitely. Since its in the running status, theres nothing in the log when I open Details->View Log.

This SHRWEB SCA is 192MB and the biggest of all. The SHRJAV SCA which is close to 120MB imported successfully. It appears to be a config issue, and the failure happens when it crosses a threshold level (somewhere between 120MB and 190MB). Could be JVM, tablespace, DB cache size, etc. Dont want to change everythin, but the more probable one that could cause this error.

Thx

Bhaskar