Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspect by batch

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could anyone please tell me what is use check box Inspect by batch in inspection type 10.

What happen if we activate inspection type 10 with check box inspect by batch

Now if we create outbound delivery for the same material, then what specification would system pick in inspection lot.

Thanks & Regards,

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Batch determination in sales can take place at the following times:

When a sales order is created, the system can search for a suitable batch. If the search is successful, the batch number is passed on to delivery and warehouse management. If it is not successful, this task is left to the subsequent functions.If the batch is not determined until the delivery stage, a batch split can take place. If a suitable batch is found, the batch number is transferred to warehouse management.

If you use batch determination in sales for a transaction, you must have created a strategy record. This record contains typical fields (such as, customer or material) for the appropriate transaction. The record is classified by a selection class, allowing you to store the required entries for this transaction as a characteristic value. In the batch determination process, the classification of the batch records is compared with that of the strategy record. The search is successful if matching records are found. If the search is not successful, you must change your search entries and start the batch determination process again. The characteristic values are default values that you can change or exclude from the search.

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smruti,

Thanks for your reply.

You are explaining me how to determine btach in sales order. This is not my query.

I want to know that which specification would system pick in inspection lot result recording?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will take the inspection plan /Spec defined foe the material.

If you want to use multiple specs for a material then i ll send you the details,

Regards,

Smruti

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smruti,

Thanks again for your reply.

Suppose we have activate inspection type 04 with activate check box Insp by configuration & inspect with task list in material master. When we do GR for production order ( Production order created with reference to sales order ) system creates inspection lot. When you go for result recording you will find MIC specification of variant configuration which is mainatained in sales order.

Likewise I want to know that how system picks specification of batch for result recording.

Thanks & Regards

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja,

First, Variant config cannot be used for inspection type 10. It is not an option.

For a delivery or order you can use batch determination to find suitable product for a customer. The spec used in the determination normally comes from the batch specification. But you can use the batch determination to make changes to the specification based on what the customer wants. So lets say the normal spec is a pH of 6.0 - 7.0. The customer wants a spec of 6.3 - 6.5. You can modify the new search parameter while in the sales ordre for ph to 6.3-6.5. These parameters can then be saved as part of the order, even if no actual product is found.

When you create the delivery these values are also copied to the delivery. When you run batch determination in the delivery, it will use the saved specs that are now in the delivery. The inspection lot will also be created when you create the delivery and if "Inspect by batch" is on, then the batch specifications will be used, as well as any changed values, (i.e. ph 6.3 - 6.5) will override the standard spec, (6.0 - 7.0), and the 6.3-6.5 spec will be in the type 10 inspection lot.

So when he was describing how to run batch determination in the sales order, he was kind of explaining where the batch values are coming from.

FF

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks a lot.

Solved

Answers (0)