cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO acknowledgement for SUS vendor in MM-SUS scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We have SRM 7.01 system with ECC 6.0 enhpk 5 in our client landscape. We have configured classic scenario with MM-SUS in our landscape. Our client wants to have the PO acknowledgement functionality for all SUS vendors.

I have checked and found that SUS portal have standard functionality to confirm the Purchase Orders from MM system. However, we need to configure the few things from MM side to enable the PO acknowledgement by default.

1. Create a confirmation key for PO acknowledgement in MM spro settings.

2. Assign the confirmation key to the SUS vendors in MM side .

Now, there are two questions in the MM side?

1. How can the client easily identify the SUS vendor from MM side (say XK02 or MK02) to maintain the required confirmation control key in the master data?

2. Along with the confirmation control key, the purchase order item for such vendors should also have default checking of the checkbox 'Acknowledgement Required' to enable the SUS vendor to confirm such PO item. How can we default the checkbox in PO item for SUS vendors?

Thanska nd regards,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Lets go by the logic, you want it to be done to the POs for particular vendors.. right? so where should be the config?

Vendor master.. correct.

then what settings?

1. acknowledgement required in vendor master

2. confirmation control key

3. and a classification lets say Z_SUS to say that its a SUS vendor.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil/Soumya,

How to proceed with vendor classification to enable the client to easily identify which ECC vendors are SUS vendors to maintain the additional master data settings?

With use of classification, the system will automatically populate the vendor master data with a class say Z_SUS?

Could you please help me how to proceed with the same? is it similar to proceed with material classification?

Actually, the client has over 10,000 suppliers and the client is bringing only 1200 suppliers initially to SUS. I am looking for easier way for the client to identify the SUS vendors from ECC side.

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Please go through SUS config guides to know how to create vendor classification.

Once you are done with this, you can write a Z program to update the classification field for all intended vendors. Your ABAP Consultant will be able to help you on this.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I have followed the SUS config guide and created a class Z_CRED_SUSMM and assigned the message type Z_CREMAS_SUSMM for vendor replication from ECC to SUS.

However, that does not solve my pain. How to assign the class Z_CRED_SUSMM only to intended vendors (SUS suppliers will be only 1200 out of 10,000 vendors)?

There is no standard field in the vendor master to assign a particular class selectively to the vendors. Do we need to extend a custom field first to the vendor master and then use the Z report to update the classification field with the class information?

Thanks and regards,

Ranjan

Ranjan Sutradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I have checked the menu 'environment' of vendor master data and see the classification tab. So, instead of assigning manually the class to the intended vendors, we can get help from ABAPers to write a z program to update the classification information to Vendors masters.

Thanks a lot again. People like you are making SRM SDN forum so vibrant and successful.

regards,

Ranjan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

You can maintain the 'Acknowledgement required' indicator in Vendor master so that it defaults everytime a PO is created for that vendor.

Also SUS vendors can be identified using the classification settings.

Regards,

Nikhil