Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPAM upgrade problem

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem while upgrading the SPAM level from version 20 to 44.

I have installed SAP Nw 7.0 and now trying to apply some of the patches and add some add-ons. However, the pre-requisite is to upgrade the SAPM version. Therefore, now I am trying to upgrade it to version 44.

However, while doing this, I am facing a strange problem where in it give me the below error and when ever I am executig the tcode "SPAM" it gives me the below dump:

Short text                                                                                
Syntax error in program "CL_OCS_ENVIRONMENT============CP ".                                  

What happened?                                                                                
Error in the ABAP Application Program                                                                                
The current ABAP program "SAPLOCS_CORE" had to be terminated because it has                   
    come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.                                                                                
The following syntax error occurred in program                                                
     "CL_OCS_ENVIRONMENT============CP " in include                                               
     "CL_OCS_ENVIRONMENT============CI " in                                                       
    line 50:                                                                                
"Implementation missing for method "ADAPT_SP_FOR_COMPATIBLE_COMPS". "AD"                      
    "APT_SP_FOR_COMPATIBLE_COMPS"."                                                               
    " "                                                                                
" "                                                                                
The include has been created and last changed by:                                             
    Created by: "SAP "                                                                                
Last changed by: "SAP "                                                                                
Error analysis                                                                                
The following syntax error was found in the program                                           
     CL_OCS_ENVIRONMENT============CP :                                                           
    "Implementation missing for method "ADAPT_SP_FOR_COMPATIBLE_COMPS". "AD"                      
    "APT_SP_FOR_COMPATIBLE_COMPS"."                                                               
    " "                                                                                
" "                                                                                
Trigger Location of Runtime Error                                                                 
    Program                                 SAPLOCS_CORE                                          
    Include                                 LOCS_COREU47                                          
    Row                                     42                                                    
    Module type                             (FUNCTION)                                            
    Module Name                             OCS_SET_ENVIRONMENT                                   

Source Code Extract                                                                                
Line 	SourceCde                                                                                
12	*"      IT_UVERS STRUCTURE  UVERS OPTIONAL                                                  
   13	*"      IT_PAT03 STRUCTURE  PAT03 OPTIONAL                                                  
   14	*"      IT_COMP_LAYER STRUCTURE  SPAM_CLAYR OPTIONAL                                        
   15	*"      IT_AVERS_EXT STRUCTURE  AVERS_EXT OPTIONAL                                          
   16	*"      IT_SWF_COMPS STRUCTURE  SPAM_CVERS OPTIONAL                                         
   17	*"  EXCEPTIONS                                                                                
18	*"      ENVIRONMENT_ERROR                                                                   
   19	*"      INTERNAL_ERROR                                                                      
   20	*"----------------------------------------------------------------------                    
   21	* This function is filling global tables and variables with                                 
   22	* the description of a system environment.                                                  
   23	* If IV_CURRENT_SYSTEM is set the content of the local tables                               
   24	* is transfered and the import tables must not be filled.                                   
   25	* If IV_ALL_ADDON_ENTRIES is set even AVERS entries of add-ons                              
   26	* for which the installation/upgrade is only prepared are handed back                       
   27	* If a patch queue for a foreign system should be calculated                                
   28	* at least IT_CVERS has to be defined.                                                      
   29	* If ENVIRONMENT_ERROR is raised there is an inconsistency in                               
   30	* the import tables.                                                                        
   31	* Special PAT03 handling: !!!THIS IS NOT TRUE ANYMORE!!!                                    
   32	* Because table PAT03 is holding system description and                                     
   33	* patch description information the local and the passed over                               
   34	* PAT03 table have to be merged                                                             
   35	************************************************************************                    
   36                                                                                
37	  IF NOT iv_current_system IS INITIAL.                                                      
   38                                                                                
39	**********************************************************                                  
   40	*** calculate queue for the current system environment ***                                  
   41	**********************************************************                                  
>>>>>	    CALL METHOD cl_ocs_environment=>set_current_environment                                 
   43	      EXPORTING                                                                                
44	        iv_all_addon_entries = iv_all_addon_entries                                         
   45	        iv_buffered          = iv_buffered                                                  
   46	      EXCEPTIONS                                                                                
47	        internal_error       = 1                                                            
   48	        OTHERS               = 99.                                                          
   49	    IF sy-subrc <> 0.                                                                       
   50	      IF NOT sy-msgid IS INITIAL AND NOT sy-msgno IS INITIAL.                               
   51	        MESSAGE ID sy-msgid TYPE sy-msgty NUMBER sy-msgno                                   
   52	                   WITH sy-msgv1 sy-msgv2 sy-msgv3 sy-msgv4                                 
   53	                   RAISING environment_error.                                               
   54	      ELSE.                                                                                
55	        MESSAGE e010(tn) WITH 'Could not set the'           "#EC NOTEXT                     
   56	                              'Environment in'              "#EC NOTEXT                     
   57	                              'CL_OCS_ENVIRONMENT'          "#EC NOTEXT                     
   58	                              space                                                         
   59	                         RAISING internal_error.                                            
   60	      ENDIF.                                                                                
61	    ENDIF. 

I dont know how to rectify this problem. Please help me in this.

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Usually this problem should be solved when you log off and log in again and execute transaction SPAM.Dumps while doing SPAM upgrade is very common.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your response.

Yes, I agree. This should be solved once we log off and re-login. However, this is continuously happening for me .

Please suggest.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

Can you upgrade to patch level 45 and see if occurs again?

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I tried to access the tcode SPAM, simply I got the above dump. Therefore, could not upgrade any SP for that matter.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Faisal,

I suggest you to open up a OSS message.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The error message seems to refer to stored proceedures compiling? This would involve disp+work I think.

You could try to do a full kernel patch (not just tp & r3trans) and then restart SPAM. I have seen patch notes recommend kernel upgrade before certain patch levels.

EDIT: Note 906008 - Missing method implementation after Support Package import

You might have to get SAP to check your system and repair it....

Good luck.

Edited by: Mark Birch on Jan 16, 2012 5:59 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check in which phase the import is running. Can you please check if the import is running in the import_proper phase.Please check if the phase is running or stopped with any error.And also attach the import log, slog, alog & ulog

Thank You.

Regards,

Deepika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

Update TP & R3Trans to the latest one's and retry.

Regards,