cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AII with R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are planning to implement AII. We have ECC5 with us and in the IMG settings we see few nodes of configurations for Auto-Id Infrastructure. What are those and how significant they are??

Can we use AII directly with R/3 instead of having XI system interfacing between them or is it must to have XI system??

Also I'm not clear whether AII is a seperate system or is a part of ECC5. Help me understanding it.

Regards,

Babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

I would like to differ with Michal in this case. Technically, you connect with AII through RFC without XI.

But in this case you will have do some coding and understand AII thoroughly

But i am not sure whether SAP supports this.

Then what is the use of XI?

XI gives a RFID mapping scenario on the platter between ECC & AII. This scenario can be customised easily.

XI can connect with different SAP & non SAP systems and also multiple AII without much effort.

AII is a part of netweaver stack and it comes with mySAP SCM suite.

Regards,

Amit Deshpande

Former Member
0 Kudos

This question comes up with every AII implementation project. we too asked this.

as you said, technically, R/3 and AII can be "connected" via RFC. but the trouble you'll have is the translation between R/3 and AII. you'll have to define custom messages and develop new idocs (if you have WebAS640, XML is also possible) and data flow in order to use functionality such as ASN, case labeling, and many other feature AII provides. if you use XI, these are already defined - we have defined few number of those as we were pilot project for AII. also, if you require new functionality, XI will reduce development time. for example, when e-pedigree wasn't even in scope, we had total 1.5 month of project and most of time were spent on design. development took less than 2 weeks. I believe that is a standard functionality in XI now.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Can we use AII directly with R/3 instead of having XI system interfacing between them or is it must to have XI system??

you need XI to connect with AII

>>>>Also I'm not clear whether AII is a seperate system or is a part of ECC5.

it's a separate system

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal!

Got it!!! But in thread i read that it's enough to have JCo between AII and ECC/R/3. I know u r a XI lover, though how far do u think it is feasible??

Still I'm wondering why do we have to have EPC settings and product data + device settings in ECC5, if that is wat those settings are given for.

Regards,

Babu