cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returnable Packaging clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Should you have price on the returnable item (returnable packaging) when issuing sales order or should it be zero?

If returnable item is zero price, would this mean a manual price will be applied once the item is charged to the customer?

Please help. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Should you have price on the returnable item (returnable packaging) when issuing sales order or should it be zero?

If the customer will not own the returnable item, then the price is zero.

If returnable item is zero price, would this mean a manual price will be applied once the item is charged to the customer? This question is not clear. DO you mean if returnable item is NON zero price item? Normally the product cost includes the cost of the returnables if the customer tries to own it.

Regards,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you shiva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean in my second question is, if for example I gave zero price to that returnable item and the customer decided to keep it, of course I will issue a "Returnable Packaging Issue" and this will require me to put cost on that returnable item --- in that case I will manually put cost since that item was initially zero cost. I hope I did not confuse anyone. I apologize.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you can manually add the cost if the customer likes to retain returnable packaging. If you know it during the sales order creation, then in the sales order itself you can add the pricing or later in the billing document you can add the cost.

Regards,