Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of codes under various catalog types

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want an illustrative / sample list of various codes under following catalog types applicable for QM notifications which is relevent for a industry involved in trading and servicing of medical equipment.

Can anybody please provide me the same ?

1) Coding

2) Defect location

3) Defects

4) Causes

5) Tasks

6) Activities

Regards,

MHP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

These are the std. SAP catalogs type, code group and codes u need to define as per your company and client requirements. This is one kind of master data which u need to discuss with ur client and accordingly u need to define in the system.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As GURU has mentioned these codes are master data and its not relevant on the industry type. It depends upen the client requirement on which data they want in the notification. the same catalogs can be assigned to the catalog profile. e.g. If you want to use only the defect catalog you can define it in catalog profile. if you dont want to use the coding then you can keep it blank.

regards,

Smruti

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies & points are given for those. I know that SAP has std catalogs & codes & according the client requirement we need to tune those available data & as required additional can also be created.

But I was looking for if some body already have the domain / SAP experience in the industry type which I had mentioned & can provide me the examples from that particular industry so that my work would be easy & will have the reference.

Regards,

MHP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to know only for reference then,

I was involved in a project for service industry and i was using the following catalog.

1) Coding - to maintain if the equipment is under warranty/ Normal service/ Failed during operation etc

2) Defect location - Location where the equipment will be repaired production area or at vendors place etc

3) Defects - To difine the defect or service required for each equipment

5) Tasks - To assign task for the buyer to purchase spare parts or the service team to caryy out the rework/ Service etc.

We were not using the following codes because

4) Causes - There was no quality team for doing analysis and creating the 8D report. It was only manual.

6) Activities - They were not recording the activities and few activities they were doing it through assigning a task.

Regards,

Smruti

Edited by: smruti.ranjan on Jan 16, 2012 10:18 AM

former_member700523
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Smruti for the reply, the points alloted. I am still expecting more examples on this. Can anay body please provide

Regards,

MHP

former_member587434
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Coding -

If you are measuring color of the material then you can create "COLOR" as code group and under this code gp you can create diff code as required, example;

001 - white

002 - black

003 - red

004 - yellow etc...Same way you can create diff code grp and code combination.

2) Defect location -

If you are inspecting material at diff location then you can create diff code for each location

001 - QC lab

002 - QA lab

003 - Electrical lab...etc..

3) Defects -

Here for each defect you Crete one new code..

001 - Color is not good

002 - Cert missing

003 - Out of spec...etc..

To create all different codes for diff activity first you need understand you business process and try to map those business process steps with creating code and map to process.

hope this helps to understand.