Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCOT config help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we need to create 2 communication channels from SCOT to transfer emails,

from one all the emails go via SMTP installed on local unix server

only for one destination (ex:abc a thotmail.com), email needs to be sent to specific SMTP which has encryption

is it possible from SCOT?

if not can we do it at config file of SMTP on unix server?

please let me know if we have any other way to do this

Thanks

Samrat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Also ensure that Mail server allows SMTP relaying from SAP Server IP address.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response

i forgot to add that we have already configured SCOT to local SMTP and it is working fine to send emails to everyone,

now we need to add new setup to ensure addtional requirment to send perticular email address to diffrent SMTP address

thanks

Samrat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is not possible with SCOT. You have to install an SMTP relay server software and to configure it to do the routing to your 2 different SMTP servers depending from your rules.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

thanks for the confirmation, do you have any usefull link how to configure routing using SMTP relay server software and change to be done at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, you have to choose a SMTP relay software and buy it or use a free one. Then you have read the documentation and to do the configuration according to your specific needs.

As an exemple, I use successfully a freeware called Hamster but there are plenty of other software to choose from.

Regards,

Olivier