Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection by Batch Specification

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could anyone explain me step by step procedure for Inspection by batch specification.

I have read sap library but not clear. What & where need to do setting.

I have activate check box Inspect by batch & Inspect with task list in inspection type 10 in material master.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

u need to maintain the Class and Char. against the batches. and need to set the transfer of results from batch to MIC, the indicator is there in batch as well as in quality plan.

Above given link in previous post is very clear in this regard.

Regards

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I have created characteristics, class with same characteristics & assigned this class in material master.

Could you pls tell me where is transfer indicator in batch as I could not found.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You need to assign these class cto the material master clasification view.

Regards,

Smruti

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

in quality plan there is transfer of inspection results indicator is there, select the approriate one and assignes all classes in Material master classification view.

Regards

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Could you pls tell me where is transfer indicator in Quality plan as I could not found.

If you are telling about in Inspection plan (QP01) then where is that indicator exactly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please follow the following steps and let us know if you have any issues.

Create few class Characteristic (CT04)

Create one Batch Class (CL01)

Assign the above created classed characteristic to the Batch Class at the time of class creation. (CL01)

Assign the batch class to material master in classification view. (MM01)

Create MIC with reference to above created Class characteristic (QS21)

Create inspection plan with above MIC (QP01)

Create the inspection lot

Result recording and usage decision (QA32)

You can see in MSC2N that batch characteristic will get updated.

Thanks

Smruti

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smruti,

Thanks for your reply.

I want to know about how to do inspection with batch specification.

As we inspect material with using task list (QP01), using material specification (QS61), with variant configuration & with batch specification.

I want to know that how we can inspect material with batch specification for inspection type 10.

I have assigned inspection type 10 in Material master & want to inspect with batch specification.

I know how to captured result value in batch as you mentioned in your tread.

Thanks & Regards.

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi for 10 inspection it is batch determination, if you maintain some customer specification parameters e.g. Colour green for customer X (even if 3 colours Green,Black and yellow are acceptable) The system ll search for the batch with colour parameter as green and attach it to the outbound document.

Regards,

Smruti

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to inspect by variant config you need to create the sales order and fill out the var config data in the order. The order gets linked to the inspeciton lot. Variiant config inspection can only be used with 01,03,04 inspection. It cannot be used with type 10 inspections.

If you want the spec to come from the batch class specs, you need follow the directions provided by Smruti and then also maintain QS61, (material spec). That will allow the batch specs to be passed to the lot. This can be used for type 10 inspections, (inspect by material spec and task list together is usually used).

FF

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smruti,

Thanks for your continue feedback.

Solved problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi raja,

You can follow the steps in the attached document from page 18-19,

[http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/print46c/en/data/pdf/LOBM/LOBM.pdf]

Regards,

Smruti

rajesh_sutar2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Smruti,

Thanks for your reply.

But Its not showing how to inspect material by batch specification.