cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete Network Planned cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are using networks for creating PRs and Unit Costing for cost planning. So that in networks Do not determine cost option is defaulted.

But in one network, user changed this option to determine plan cost, saved and later on changed to do not dtermine planned cost option. Because of this particular network plan cost is added in total planned cost in CJ40 and plan cost vlues of CJ40 is differe than total planned cost.

We are using multiple currency in Result analysis and Controlling area currency of is calucluated from cost plan of CJ40 and transaction currency by default taking values from total plan coat of CJ40. So difference also arises in RA postings.

To make zero of network planned cost I have done CJEN and CJBN but values in CJ40 is not changing.

Is there any way how we can make it zero this particular network planned cost so that it will not appear in CJ40??

Regards

Nilesh.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the origin of the planned costs for this network? Have you done any activity planning using work centers? Or is there a material attached to a particular activity?

If yes, you can try deleting the activities for which activity planning has been done. You can do so provided no actuals are booked by way of confirmations etc. You can also change the Work value to zero. System wont calculate any planned cost for this activity.Secondly, if there is a material component attached, try deleting the material component. There should be no commitment generated for this activity. If there is commitment by way of PR or PO you will have to delete this first.

Try this and let us know.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilesh,

Hope you have followed the options provied by our friends and fixed the issue.

I am curious to know one thing, when you change the option "do not determine cost" back and forth, did you see any kind of informative message or some thing or cost logs in system.

Did you try scheduling of project after that, if not schedule and check the logs.

Regards,

PSR

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think what Gokul says captures the essence.

If there is already a commitment, you have to first delete the commitments and automatically those costs will be removed from the planned cost.

You can also look at the cost incurring activities if any in the network in CN22 ( with their activity duration not equal to 0 and the work center has got a value per duration) and if there are any such activities, you should remove the duration of the activity to 0.

Also you should look at the primary costs tab in the network if there are any costs planned at the secondary cost elements for various activities. If so the costs shoudl be removed there also.

I think if this is taken care of, all the planned costs at the network level will be removed.

DaveS4
Contributor
0 Kudos

The only thing comes in my mind is to plan the WBS (network activities assigned) with reverse sign of the same amount. Therefore it'll reduce the cost to zero in CJ40.

I hope it helps,

Dave