cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Print Multiple line items(only the one's that are selected in va22)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

My smartform should print the multiple selected line items that i as a user should be able to see as the output .

In my case i dont have any program that calls the transaction va22

directly from the transaction VA22 i give the ISSUE OUTPUT TO .

The Driver program that calls my smartforms fetches the data from table VBAP .

Two cases that i get because of this fetching logic .

1. When i try to fetch the data based on only VBELN in the output i get all the items that are in the particular Quotation .

2 . When i try to fetch data based on VBELN and POSNR in the ouptut when i select multiple items and give print the first item that i i selected is displayed .

Now what i need is to print only those data that i select in VA22 .

say if there are items A, B , C, D ,E in the Quotation .

and before printing i select A , C , D then only those items should be printed .

I hope any one of the Experts can solve my problem .

Thanks & Regards

Faran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

faran,

create a Z report, make vbeln as selection screen element.

based on that show a item level ALV display as output. let user select which items they need to print and based on that you trigger your smartform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies

I guess there is no other possible way than creating a customized report .

Thanks For Co-operation Nabheet .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since i wanted to know that if there is anything possible without creating a customizing report .

The answers to me were useful in the sense what i already knew .

Thanks to users for their co-operation

former_member1312574
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faran,

We also have similar requirement. User selects specific line item that need to be printed on quotation.If none is selected mean all items need to be printed. Please share how you resolved this issue.

Thanks,

Regards,

Srini

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You said it only prints one line ..what about others line selected..can you please check in debugging the printing logic...my question is are you able to identify which line items are chosen if yes then ita very simple.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nabheet ,

that is the problem i am not able to identify which line items are printed .

as i fetch the data from VBAP by passing data from NAST which is a structure .

so only one posnr is passed into that structure and the rest of the items that were selected while printing are lost .

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you will need to do some enhancemwnt for this. What you can do select the lines in table comtrol and before issuing output you need to find a suitable wnhancement place where you can export the selected lines and make the corresponding change in logic for the same?.

Secondly uou can make a custom report also where user will select lines of po and print..but in this way you will need to many calculations

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabheet ,

i tried to put a /h when i select the line items in the quotation but it din not go into any program .

i guess writing a peace of code in enhancement is not possible in this case .

yes customization is possible but that is not what i agreed to do while i accepted the requirement .

any other suggestions .

thanks

faran

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I m not right now in front of system but i guess there are item level output tYpes being triggered also..check if You can do something with them.

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes the functional has created an Output type that is configured for line item only .

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It will trigger when and its for one to one mapping..?

Nabheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Nabheet ,

i didnt get you .

can you please show me where is this mapping done ?

and does this mapping have an effect of what is printing ?

say if it is 1 to 1 then it prints only one line item

and if it is 1 to many then it prints many records ....

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I was asking about at wat level output type config is done..? when it will be triigered and check the config in nace condition reords or from your functional

I dont know whether it isossible via config.. I think you will needa custom development.

Nabheet