Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Master - payer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

i want to know

1. what is the exact functionality of "Payer" in customer master?

2. if i dont assign this customer to any other customer how the GL's for the same will get updated or how can i do the transactions against this payer?

3. is it copulsary to assign this payer to other customer i.e. sold to party?

4. my user want me to create only payer and not to assign the same to any other sold to party.

i have searched in net but could not able to get the proper reply.

need your help.

Thanks

Ashwini K.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

First of all, you cannot save the sold to party customer master without maintaining Payer.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Prasann and Lakshmipathi,

I do understand that without payer i can not save the customer master record. but my user want me to create a payer a seperate customer just to manupulate some Fi enteries. is there any way to create and update such customer?

Thanks

Ashwini K.

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwini,

• In SAP the Sales Orders are created for Sold to Party's , Deliveries for Ship to Party's and Invoices for Payers.

In several big customer organizations it so happens that they may have several branches spread across different regions and many times these organizations present at different places might place orders independently and in turn the ordered goods are supplied to that particular location itself and the payment might be done from the place to where the goods were delivered to and not from the HO. In such cases the customer might need more than one payer master and all these payers will have there own accounting.*

2. if i dont assign this customer to any other customer how the GL's for the same will get updated or how can i do the transactions against this payer?

As mentioned above Invoices are created for the payer. The sold to and the payer may be the same in some cases or different, depending on how the buisness requires it. When an invoice is created the customer account i.e. the payer account and the other accounts like the sales revenuew account, sales deduction accounts and the tax accounts gets posted.

Yes it is mandatory to assign the payer to the sold to. In some cases as mentioned above the sold to and the payer might be same but in other cases it might be different.

4. my user want me to create only payer and not to assign the same to any other sold to party.

You can create only a payer master but this will not make any sense or will not be of any use until and unless it is assigned to a sold to party

Thanks and regards,

J Nagesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Thanks for the info, yes i am agree to what you mentioned above. but as i said it is the requirement of the user for just manupulating the FI documents against some customer . I tried to create a customer payer through FD01 but i dont know where it will affect exactly. and how it work can you guide me on this. or this will also have the same functionality as XD01 "Payer"

Thanks

Ashwini K.

prasanna_kumar4
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Payer is Responsible for paying money or settlement of money , once accounting document is generated FI people will get the payer details.

If you don't assign the payer you can't created billing document , so payer is must

Yes

If you don't assign the payer you can't created billing document , so payer is must

Regards,

Prasanna