cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 500 and Java Error after BOBJ 4.0 installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed BOBJ 4.0 and I have also installed SP 1 and SP 2 with FP up to 10.

Now when I tried to launch CMC or BI Launch Pad I get following error. Following error started appearing after unsuccessful single sign on and SP updates.

http status 500 - com.wedgetail.idm.sso.protocolexception: com.wedgetail.idm.spnego.server.spnegoexception: com.dstc.security.util.asn1.asn1exception: bad tag encountered: 78

I am also getting some Java and DSL error when I launch client tool Interactive Analysis Desktop.

I get long error messages

java.utl.concurrent.executionexception: Java.lan.NullPointerException

At com.sap...

at java.awt.EventDispatch ...

etc

and when i click ok blakl Interactive Analysis Desktop screen appears.

I installed BI 4.0 in Windows environment.

I will appreciate your help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had this problem after updating to 4.1 SP 2 Patch 3 - this included an update to the Tomcat webserver. I tried the solution above without succes. After several trial and errors I looked a Little further into the error message which originates from the spnego module. Googling this lead me to the spnego project and I found that security module is not included with the update.

The spnego jar files are missing in this library: "Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\tomcat\lib". I downloaded them from the projecty website at: SPNEGO - Browse Files at SourceForge.net  and placed them in this library, restarted the Tomcat server and everything is now running fine.

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Here is a possible solution

Stop Tomcat

go to tomcat work directory

c:\Programfiles\Businessobjects\Tomcat\work and continue down to catalina\localhost

Delete BOE directory... Don't worry it will get recreated again

Start Tomcat

Wait few minutes and this directory will be recreated and populated

If this does not work then go to

Tomcat\webapp directory

Delete BOE directory. It will be created again when you start Tomcat again

If this does not work then Redeploy War Files using wdeploy

Hope this resolve your issue

Bashir Awan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bashir.

Thank you for your reply. The solution I described actually Works like a charm. I tried what you described before I found out that the jar libraries were missing - that didn't resolve the problem, but donloading the jar files and placing them as described above resolved the issue.

Brgds

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

After a bit of poking the configuration of BO system during the weekend I have managed to avoid (kinda) the 500 error. I can access the system via IP address and I'm presented with the login prompt. But no SSO =]

I can manually login to the system.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

This really helped me out. Now the question is how do we make it so that we can log in using the domain?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same problem. Did you guys manage to resolve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Kindly do the following and see if it works:

1.Stop Tomcat

2. Deleted the content within the localhost of work directory inside tomcat folder. ( ex. folders under \installation drive\Business Objects\Tomcat6\work\Catalina\localhost)

3. Restart the tomcat.

4. Wait till the localhost folder is repopulated.

Try the link now.

Regards

Sonia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>

> Kindly do the following and see if it works:

>

> 1.Stop Tomcat

> 2. Deleted the content within the localhost of work directory inside tomcat folder. ( ex. folders under \installation drive\Business Objects\Tomcat6\work\Catalina\localhost)

> 3. Restart the tomcat.

> 4. Wait till the localhost folder is repopulated.

>

> Try the link now.

>

> Regards

> Sonia

Hi Sonia,

Just tested the suggested steps, but alas - same error.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same situation on clean BO 4.0 SP2 install. Followed the documented instructions and on low level all AD auth is working fine. In CMC the Auth plugin is set up, accounts from AD are synchronized and when we try to load the BI launch pad we get:

HTTP Status 500 - com.wedgetail.idm.sso.ProtocolException: com.wedgetail.idm.spnego.server.SpnegoException: com.dstc.security.util.asn1.Asn1Exception: Bad tag encountered: 78

Windows 2008 R2 and AD 2008 here.

Regards,