cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order number from Sales invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All ,

I have a requirement in which when I am running a certain mass update program in which the sales invoice will be populated with a certain number in the Sales invoice text . However before running it I need to ensure that Sales order corresponding to the Sales invoice is updated with a certain number in the Sales order Text field . The user will give the input SAP invoice number > I need to identify the most efficient/quickest way to find the sales order corresponding to the Sales Invoice and check if a particular field is updated or not I tried used VBFA , but it will point to delivery and time take is also more .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member1190345
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagabhushan,

Since you say you will be given the Invoice no as an input from the user you can use VBFA table to get the cooresponding Sales order no.

In VBFA table in the Prec.doc.categ. field enter C as the value which is Order and the system will give you the corresponding Sales Order that was created for the respective Sales Invoice.

Hope thsi will help.

Thanks and Regards,

J Nagesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your response the issue has been resolved .

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sales order number is stored in field AUBEL in table VBRP (billing document item).

Regards,

Marcin

former_member217082
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In VBFA Table, check that the preceding document is coming as C.Also check in VTFL copy control that the reference document feild is set as sales order.

Regards

Srinath