cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Trial

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am starting to learn SAP and I would like to focus on the Basis and ABAP development areas.

I already downloaded the package SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.02 SP6 64-bit Version - Developer Edition from SDN. I would like to know if with this package I can use to learn Basis too.

I am asking this because there is also a package named SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.02 SP6 64-bit Trial for download at SDN.

Does anyone know this?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

Basis is more on Administration which includes Installation of SAP, Technical Configuration between systems , Monitoring and so on...

refer to link on some basic introduction of Basis - http://searchsap.techtarget.com/tutorial/SAP-Basis-training-tutorial

ABAP is development of ABAP programs as Business requirement needs, creating Objects and so on....

So, You can use either of the product to Install and configure to learn Basis, but to learn ABAP you need "SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.02 SP6 64-bit Trial".

SAP NetWeaver AS ABAP 7.02 SP6 64-bit Version - Developer Edition - As the name Indicates, The Developer Edition allows individuals free of charge to test, evaluate, prototype and share add-on software code on code exchange.

Find out about the new features in the following areas: - ABAP Application Development - Switching, Enhancing, and Adapting Standard Programs - ABAP Testing and Troubleshooting - ABAP Connectivity

refer to the link below

Hope above clarifies

Regards,

Arjun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arjun,

It helped me a lot. I will use the Developer edition.

Thank you!