Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Convert JDBC sender adapter data to a canonical then give to BPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My Scenario is as follows:

JDBC Adapter --> BPM (Business Rules + Many JDbc calls).

I get the data from a database using sender adapter.

I understand that this is of a Specific Format of the result set like <Row>. Can i convert this to a canonical format and then give this to Integration Process (receiver)

Can I include a mapping to transform this adapter specific format to a canonical format before I give this data to the integration process?

This is because I pull data from 3 applications and I want to use a common outbound interface (Canonical) for all the 3.

Is this possible, please explain me how.

Thanks,

Meher

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meher

BPM is right fit here . In BPM designing you need to use Fork Block with three branches - In each branch you use one receiver where you get data from 3 tables in 3 different message types.

Use 4 abstract message interfaces with the 4 different message types required.

Need to map these 3 Message type to a common Canonical message format you are expecting. It will provide the single structure of message type needed.

http://sap.com/xi/XI/System/Patterns

BpmPatternCollectMergeMultiIf

If you have BPm patterns on you XI system follow this pattern .

Let me know if you have any queries.

Nanda

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think you can use a single outbound interface for all the 3. You need to use BPM with three receivers with fork.

Thanks,

Prakash

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why do you need to convert into canonical format, is there any reason behind it. BPM understands only XML. Please provide more details or give us the whole scenario.

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scenario is as follows:

We have 3 applications which are to be integrated. Same business object flows between all the 3 applications with variation in number of fields, type of the fields.e.t.c

So we want to model a canonical Xml file format (outbound interface) which represents all the fields in all the 3 applications. So instead of having 3 outbound interfaces for the 3 applications, a single outbound interface would be enough.

JDBC receiver adapter will give the data in a specific format. So is there any way that we transform this message into a canonical xml and then get this processed by the BPM?

Please correct me if my design goes wrong some where.

Thanks for he help.

Regards,

Meher

0 Kudos

Meher,

1) For each sender, define a Interface for their specfic XML format that is generated by the JDBC sender adapter

2) Define your canonical Interface as an abstract interface

3) Define three Interface maps to convert each of the sending formats to the canonical format

4) Define your BPM flow to start with receiving the canonical interface

5) Since you have three sending business systems, you will have three Receiver Determinations and three Interface Determinations. Have the interface determinations for each sender execute the appropriate interface map as defined in step 3

This will cause the conversion to canonical happen before the message is delivered to the BPM flow. This also decouples the flow from the senders (i.e. no beginning receive fork, and no transformation steps to convert to canonical within the flow). Additional senders can be added without having to modify the BPM flow.

Chris