cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

discrepancy between configtool and instance.properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Experts:

To my surprise I see some evident discrepancies between the parameters in configtool and in the instance.properties.

What could be the possible cause for this to happen?

What can be done to fix this?

Thanks very much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

Configtool works on the settings in the database. Do the discrepancies remain after you have stopped and restarted the Java stack (at which time instance.properties gets updated with the configuration date from the database)? If yes, please give an example of these 'sticky' differences.

regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mark:

Thanks for your reply.

However I have to wait for the next planned restart to tell whether the difference will go away.

Could you please tell me

-- in what circumstance the difference could happen?

-- if a restart cannot get rid of the difference, what should be done to fix it?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chirstina,

Is your system direct Installation or recently, have done any system copy ?

As Mark suggested, restart should fix your issue. Otherwise, Goto config tool and click change on Configuration Editor Mode -> Edit Mode then goto to the appropriate propertysheet:

Follow the path as--> Click on Configurations --> Cluster_data ->Propertysheet Instance.properties.ID<xxxxx> -> ID<xxxxxXX>.JavaParameters

modify the parameters manually and save the changes and restart the Application. You should be able to see changed parameters in instance.properties which should be similar in Configtool that should resolve the inconsistency.

Please make changes in property sheet carefully as they directly get updated in the Database.

Regards,

Arjun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arjun:

You mean:

a) make the said propertysheet exactly same as the instance.properties;

b) never change anything in the file instance.properties

right?

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos