cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stupid Question of the Day: What is the name of your kernel library?

Former Member
0 Kudos

<Standard intro>

As information, I have been away from SAP and basis for about four years. Due to personnel changes, I'm now returning to it. During the interim, we upgraded from version 4.0B to "SAP R/3 ENTERPRISE 47X110" (according to the system information on SMP). We have some out-dated kernel issues and I am trying to work through them as best and as quickly as I can.

</Standard intro>

We have several different kernel libraries on our system. I'd like to know which ones I can delete so that I can prepare to upgrade from 6.20 to 6.40 (yeah, we are that far behind).

So, my question is:

For a particular instance, how do you tell which kernel library is currently applied?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have some errors occurring during our startup process.

I should mention that this system started out as an IBM RRR (Ready to Run) system many years ago. The RRR library still exists and is still used in some places and I am still trying to get all of the hooks out so that I can delete it completely.

In the meantime, if anyone from SAP is monitoring this forum, I would appreciate the source code for the R3INLPGM--pseudo code is fine if you don't want to release the real thing. I just need to know what it is doing because something is not right.

Thanks!

Robert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

the R3INLPGM simply checks to which library the links in /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run point to. The logic has been slightly changing over the past releases but I guess you can always do a WRKLNK OBJ('/usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/exe/run') DETAIL(EXTENDED) DSPOPT(ALL) and then follow one of the SYMLINKS with option 12 and see to which library it points. Most significant is probably the link DW (or DISP+WORK) or, if it exists KERNELLIB.

Best regards,

Christoph

blaw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes its the command that adds the SAP Kernel to your library list

Brian

blaw
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Signon system as sidofr and enter the command

edtlibl

Regards,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Brian!

That makes it a lot easier.

I noticed that sidofr user profile has an initial program of R3sid400/R3INLPGM. Is this what establishes the library list for sidofr? It's a CPPLE so I can't retrieve the source to confirm it.

I don't see any system values or job descriptions that would affect it so that's why I suspect that initial program.

Robert