cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing Data Types from a WSDL file

tony_raimo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm trying to configure a web service in XI and I can't figure out how to create the data types without manually typing them in. I've imported the WSDL file under External Definitions. However, when I go to data types it only lets me import an XSD file which I don't have. The WSDL file does contain a SCHEMA tag. Is there an easy way to import the SCHEMA from a WSDL file when creating data types in XI' Integration Builder?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't have to create data type when you use wsdl. You can directly use the messages seen in Message tab (after importing wsdl) in service interface as well as mappings.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

tony_raimo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

By message tab do you mean "Message Interface" or "Message Types"?

Thank you,

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I said Message Tab when you import the wsdl. Open the imported external definition and you will see.

These Messages should be treated as Message Types and can be readily used in Message Interface (now called as Service Interface) or mappipngs.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

tony_raimo2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Got it. I see the message tab now. Is there a step by step document that tells you how to configure an web service? Bascially, I want to call an external web service from ECC through XI. I've imported the WSDL but I'm very new to XI/PI so I'm not clear on the steps.

Thank you

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some wikis and articles which you can search on SCN. Just search for soap receiver scenarios. Thats the best way to collect materials on SCN.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava