cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPGUI for Windows via Portal - problem with frame

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are launching SAPGUI for Windows via Portal to drive single sign-on via AD. Our problem is that when SAPGUI launches, it is contained within an IE browser frame that causes some of the SAPGUI screens to not fit on the screen well. Those same screens fit just fine if we launch SAPGUI directly.

Is there any way to launch SAPGUI from Portal, with SSO enabled, but without the IE frame around it?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies so far. My question is not one of how to authenticate, but of how to launch the SAPGUI without the IE frame around the window? That frame is taking up too much screen real estate...

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies so far. My question is not one of how to authenticate, but of how to launch the SAPGUI without the IE frame around the window? That frame is taking up too much screen real estate...

Yes, I understand, but you will find if you change the way you are authenticating then the SAP GUI window will not be related to the browser, even if browser is launching the GUI. This is what I have seen elsewhere, and why I mentioned it.

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lonny,

The best way to authenticate users when they logon using SAP GUI for Windows, is to use SNC authentication in SAP GUi. Then, the browser iview will launch the GUI and the GUI will authenticate the user using their AD credentials issued during the Windows logon. You will need to setup an SNC library on both the ABAP system which the user is logged onto, and the workstation where SAP GUI is installed.

If you don't use SNC, and you just launch SAP GUI for Windows from browser, then an SSO2 ticket is used to authenticate the user to the ABAP stack, and this is not secure due to the fact that the SAP GUI session which is used to pass the SSO2 ticket is not protected - anybody can intercept the SAP GUI session, take the SSO2 ticket from this traffic and logon as that user - clearly this is bad security and needs SNC to make it secure.

Thanks,

Tim

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lonny,

You can look at the option of SAPgui on Unix ( Java version) . It would be handy to link it up in Portal.

Regards,

Deepak Kori