Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TCD field in display mode in S_TCODE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to remove t-codes from TCD field under S_TCODE object in the role itself and NOT from the role menu.However when I go to PFCG>Change>Auth.Data Tab>Change auth.data>, the field TCD is DISPLAY only and hence removal of t-codes cannot be done.

Why is this and what would be the workaround.

Thanks.

Mani

10 REPLIES 10

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

This is working as designed. It's made that way to enforce transaction maintenance in roles through the menu only.

Why do you want to edit S_TCODE directly? What good would it do for users to have transactions in their menu which they can't execute?

Jurjen

0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen.

How is this 'transaction maintenance in roles through the menu only' enforced? I was able to make the changes in 9 out of 10 roles. Only one role has this display issue.

Mani

0 Kudos

Mani,

Is the role in trouble assigned to a customizing project?? This is done via utilities -> customizing auth. In this cases you have a message like :"Customizing projects are assigned. The menu can only be changed by deleting individual nodes"

Cheers,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to remove t-codes from TCD field under S_TCODE object in the role itself and NOT from the role menu.

What possible reason could this have? Do they like to be able to just look at it?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please Don't try to change the way SAP is....we can customise the software, but that doesn't mean anything can be possible out of our wildest dreams!!!

I am sorry, but unlike others I won't ask the reason for such requirement, but would only say..This is NOT possible.

You can't maintain S_TCODE unless you have inserted a node to it Manually. If you want to maintain S_TCODE which is automatically populated when tcodes added in Role Menu, please build SAP from scratch.

0 Kudos

Thanks Debmalya.

The issue is - why the change is possible for certain roles and only for this role, Would not a PFCG Change function allow you to 'Change' field level values.

Also as Diego has suggested , I have verified that this role is not part of a customizing project.

This requirement is from one of a remote customer my organization supports.

Mani

0 Kudos

This requirement is from one of a remote customer my organization supports.

Have you considered going for some basic training in role maintenance?

Also see this wiki --> https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/QAMetricsforRoleDesign

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks Julius.

What I meant is the reason for this requirement by the customer is unknown.

I still standby my question.

Mani

0 Kudos

Fair enough.

Tell them it is not possible, not intended and generally regarded as silly to attempt.

You can also quote me

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I think already all the gurus posted their comments here answered your question,,As you said only one role has the issue,Just check how this role created,By adding Transactions or From Menu...?

Please follow the tips Gurus mentioned in the post,Clients will ask whatever they want,but its the duty of Us to tell them whats Sap Best practices