cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI IDOC missing segment definition in type E1LFM1M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

we have recently upgraded our ERP system to NW 702 EH5. As aresult a new segment definition was added to our segment type E1LFM1M ( segment def. E2LFM1M007). The problem we are havign is that our XI system is still running on NW700 and it doesnt have this segment defintion. Since the upgrade we are getting an error in transaction RFC complaining about the new segment definition E2LFM1M007 everytime we try to send a vendor from ERP to SUS using BD14. Is there a way we can deactivate the new segment definition E2LFM1M007 in segment type E1LFM1M?

Thanks,

Abdul.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

Actually it does not matter what are your systems' versions, PI can always handle an IDoc properly. All you need to do is perform the following steps in your PI system:

1. Log on to ABAP stack, go to t-code idx2, find your ECC system and that particular IDoc (I believe this will be CREMAS) and delete its metadata.

2. Log on to Enterprise Services Repository, find your SWCV where the IDoc definition was loaded, and load it again from your ECC system, then activate the change.

3. If necessary, also adjust the message mapping to use/not use the new segment. Activate your changes.

Once you have these steps completed, you are ready to retest your scenario and say goodbye to the error.

Hope this helps,

Grzegorz

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Grzegorz. That did work and I was able to transfer my idoc from PRD to SRM with no issues.

Thanks,

Abdul.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although the above steps are nicely described and will work, at the end of first step you may add additional activity where you just try to upload the metadata in PI manually (not mandatory). You can do this in IDX2 in PI. Third step as mentioned is not necessary. Once done, you may execute messages in sm58 of ECC system and you should see messages getting processed.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava