cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Component for XML content visualization providing content format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a XML content which is just coming to my WD application as string - no tabs, no empty spaces - it is just one long string token.

Is there any WD component which can provide the format of this xml content string (similar for example to the built in viewer within Web Dynpro explorer), or I have to parse it on my own and visualize it within a text view for example?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I meant Internet Explorer, not Web Dynpro explorer

former_member182372
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tihomir,

Check /people/valery.silaev/blog/2005/11/23/display-formatted-text-using-webdynpro-for-java

You can use same approach (Hint: try to run application and paste XML to the text area and show it).

Best regards, Maksim rashchynski.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maksim,

I tried in this way, but I am working with NY version of WD and there is no IFrame UI component, what component to use to visualize this URL content?

I tried FormattedTextEdit, which bind to the url string and got an exception

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.String

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.impl.FormattedTextEdit.getValue(FormattedTextEdit.java:764)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.uielib.standard.uradapter.FormattedTextEditAdapter.getHtmlText(FormattedTextEditAdapter.java:286)

at com.sap.tc.ur.renderer.ie6.RichTextEditRenderer.render(RichTextEditRenderer.java:38)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.renderer.uielements.base.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:323)

at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientimpl.html.renderer.uielements.base.RenderManager.render(RenderManager.java:153)

Regards, Tihomir