cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

debugging java mapping program

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In our current system PI 7.1 there is already an existing JAVA mapping program as an imported archive . We can test the mapping under Operation mapping. Since we did not develop it and want to make changed we do not know what parameters are being passed.

We do not have NWDS installed. I am taking help of a java developer who will make the changed but wants to debug the JAVA mapping program .

Can debug done in SAP PI 7.1 ? if so how ?

Is there any other way to debug the JAVA mapping program? OR is there any log file that tells me when the mapping program was executed what happened ?

Please advice,

Thanks,

Teresa

Edited by: Teresa lytle on Jan 13, 2012 4:53 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can do it using NWDS. There is no tool within PI to debug java mapping.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you . But the problem is that we do not have NWDS in our current system here. Is there any other way ?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>But the problem is that we do not have NWDS in our current system here. Is there any other way ?

Since you take help from java developer, you can inform the java team to debug using eclipse tool. NWDS is based on eclipse tool.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Baskar. I will inform them. For them to run the JAVA mapping program they need an input correct? Do i provide that in xml format or would the JAVA Developer already know?

If not i can download the input from PI under test Operation mapping and give them the xml.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Provide parameters value in any format to them. They can simply wrap the program using main class and pass the values for debugging.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I still think that you can freely donwload NWDS from customers service marketplace login. Have you tried that?

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I will let the BASIS team know to download it . I have personally not tried downloading it from the sap service market place.

Thanks,

Teresa

Answers (0)