cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workbook for Document Report Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is possible to have workbook for Document Report Configuration so that I can import it?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

Thank you for your response. I was able to get Document Report Configuration Template as you described. Now my question is how to use this template in order to add a report to RFx.

For example, I can add "A RFX attachment" report to RFx using GUI.

Setup -> Document Report Configuration -> RFx Document Report Configuration

Click Add Buy-Side Report. It will add the report to RFx report.

Then how do I use the template in order to do the same job?

What will be values for the following column in the template file?

OBJECT_CLASSID DOC_TYPE DISPLAY_NAME CALLBACK_CLASS DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION

I could find display_name and callback_class, but not for object_classid and doc_type.

Could you give me any clues?

I appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

object_classid field maps to the Business Document Type field on the UI. And the doc_type field is the Document type of that object.

E.g., if you specify object_classid field field as "Master Agreement", then the corresponding Document type field applies. In this case it will show you the available Master agreement document types available in your E-Sourcing system.

Another example is if you specify object_classid field = RFx, then the corresponding Doc_type field values that you can have is RFQ, RFP and RFI.

This is how you would need to go about adding new document report configs to the UI.

Hope this helps,

Vikram

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

Thank you.

Actually I did it the way you explained originally. But I was wondering if there is a way to use workbook to the same job.

Now I assume that there is no way to do it using workbook.

I close this thread.

Thank you for your time again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viram,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I was able to get the template for Document Report Entry.

Based on your suggestion I typed the following values and I got an error, "# Failed: object 1: Unable to locate DocType: RFx Report [DOC_TYPE]."

OBJECT_CLASSID DOC_TYPE REPORT HIDDEN

900 RFx Report RFP Response Attachments Report

I'm trying to add "RFP Response Attachments Report" to RFx Document Report Configuration.

Could you give me a clue what's wrong with the template value above?

I appreciate your help again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, does the "RFP Response Attachments Report" already exist in your E-Sourcing system?

If no, then you should first go ahead and create this CUSTOM Query because it does not look like this a standard report available in the system. The way to do that is going to Setup > Queries and Reports > Query Definition List > Create and fill out the fields there to create your query.

Then goto Setup > Queries and Reports > Reports and link this newly created Query to a Report.

Conversely, if the RFP Response Attachments Report already exists in your E-Sourcing system, then do the following:

Goto Setup > Document Report Configuration > RFx Document Report Configuration.

Click on Edit and Add Buy-Side Report button. In the field Show Reports with Display or Internal Names Containing, search for the report you want and select. It would automatically be added to the RFx Document Report Configuration list via this step.

Hence there is no need to do this activity via the Workbook.

Hope this helps,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I realized that my question is not what I was trying to find out.

I'm sorry for confusing you of ambiguous question.

Actual question should be if there is a Workbook for adding a new report to the existing Document Report Configuration.

For example, there is RFx Document Report Configuration under Document Report Configuration. And I want to add a report to RFx Document Report Configuration using Workbook. Is it possible?

I really appreciate if you give me any hints.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think there is a way to achieve that. Here's why:

When you goto RFx Document Report Configuration and click on Add Buy-Side Report, then system expects you to reference an already existing report available in E-Sourcing.

Having said that if the report you want to add is already available in your E-Sourcing system, you can try looking at the Document report entry in Import data and pull up the template there. For this:

Goto Setup > Import Data > Create> In the ­Upload Import File, select any sample .csv for upload in the picker field. Then in the Object type field select Document Report Entry. Make sure you select the Preview Import checkbox. After clicking next, you can see the template.csv available there.

Though one key field missing from this template is "User view" which tells whether the report is for Buy or Sell side.

You might want to try this option with some test data first to see if it works for you.

Thanks,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response.

I could not find a template for Document Report Configuration in Setup->Document Setup->General.

Could you tell me where I can find it?

I'm using SAP sourcing version 5.1.10 build 31-May-2011.18:07.

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto Setup > Import Data > Create> In the ­Upload Import File, select any sample .csv for upload in the picker field. Then in the Object type field select Document Report Configuration. Make sure you select the Preview Import checkbox. After clicking next, you can see the template.csv available there.

Thanks,

Vikram

Edited by: Vikram Shukla on Jan 13, 2012 11:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a template available when you import to make entries to Document Report Config. It has all the fields which are available in the UI Setup > Geberal > Document Report Configuration section. Here are the fields on the template:

OBJECT_CLASSID DOC_TYPE DISPLAY_NAME CALLBACK_CLASS DOCUMENT_DESCRIPTION

One of the ways of downloading the template is to goto Setup > Import Data > Create> In the ­Upload Import File, Select any CSV and then in the Object type select Document Report Configuration. Make sure you select the Preview Import checkbox. After clicking next, you can see the template.csv available there.

Vikram