Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with adding simple roles to composite role using SECATT & LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Task :: Aadding simple role to composite roles using SECATT

Problem :: I have created a new composite role without roles using PFCG manually,later using SECATT while recording i have updated another simple role. Next when i perform the scripting activity to add another role to the same composite role then the script replacing existing simple role which is added during the recording.My requirement is the roles should be added to composite role without replacing the existing ones.

Please advise me.

Thanks

Vamsi

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

While performing SECATT or LSMW recording, if a composite role has existing Single role, then copy and Paste that Single role in a New Line and then add a Single Role as a new Entry. Probably this will resolve your problem.

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually you should alway insert a new line at the top. In that case it does not matter if and how many roles are already there. When recording, select the first row in the 'roles' tab of your composite role and click on the button with the green plus sign. This creates a new empty line at the top in which you enter the name of the role to be added.